NO MORE IRP STACK LOCATIONS

G

I keep getting a blue screen of death and it comes with this message

NO_MORE_IRP_STACK_LOCATIONS

I do have a lot of USB devices including a SCSI to USB with two hard drives attached as well as two IDE to USB devices. Can anyone help with this problem?

W

Will Denny

Hi

Try the following link to MVP Jim Eshelman's web page:

"0x00000035: NO_MORE_IRP_STACK_LOCATIONS"
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php#0x35

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

| I keep getting a blue screen of death and it comes with this message
|
| NO_MORE_IRP_STACK_LOCATIONS
|
| I do have a lot of USB devices including a SCSI to USB with two hard
drives attached as well as two IDE to USB devices. Can anyone help with
this problem?

G

Found this somewhat useful bit of info:
Casue:
A higher-level driver has attempted to call a lower-level driver through the IoCallDriver interface, but there are no more stack locations in the packet. This will prevent the lower-level driver from accessing its parameters.
This is a disastrous situation, since the higher level driver is proceeding as if it has filled in the parameters for the lower level driver (as required). But since there is no stack location for the latter driver, the former has actually written off the end of the packet. This means that some other memory has been corrupted as well.

I have been able to determine that the problem is with one or more of the USB devices. I'm not sure if there are too many USB devices or if its just one of their drivers conflicting or fighting for these Stack locations.

I'm still unsure how to proceed so that I can be able to use all the devices without having the system crash.

Ask a Question