next slide when jigsaw is done?

Dennis Meding

Hi,

there are several jigsaw pieces in my presentation. You can drag and
drop them to complete the jigsaw.

I want the slide show to go on to the next slide not until the jigsaw is
done. Is there any way to realize this?

(Powerpoint 2007)

Viele Grüße

Dennis Meding

Hi John,

it is "drag and drop" using vba.

Another great thing would be, if an object could appear not until the
jigsaw is done.

Viele Grüße

---
Dennis Meding
Diplom-Medienökonom (FH)

Von: John Wilson [mailto:john AT technologytrish.co DOT uk]

--

Dennis Meding said:
Hi,

there are several jigsaw pieces in my presentation. You can drag and
drop them to complete the jigsaw.

I want the slide show to go on to the next slide not until the jigsaw is
done. Is there any way to realize this?

(Powerpoint 2007)

Viele Grüße

Dennis Meding

"How are you testing that the jigsaw is complete?"

That is exactly the problem I am facing right now.

I am trying some mouse-over vba. Maybe it will work

Viele Grüße

---
Dennis Meding
Diplom-Medienökonom (FH)

Dennis Meding said:
Hi,

there are several jigsaw pieces in my presentation. You can drag and
drop them to complete the jigsaw.

I want the slide show to go on to the next slide not until the jigsaw
is
done. Is there any way to realize this?

(Powerpoint 2007)

Viele Grüße

Ute Simon

"How are you testing that the jigsaw is complete?"
That is exactly the problem I am facing right now.

I am trying some mouse-over vba. Maybe it will work

Hi Dennis,

as I can see from your signature, you are German. The developer of the Drag
& Drop-Macro is German, too. He is frequently reading the German PowerPoint
Newsgroup microsoft.public.de.german.powerpoint, but turns up here very
rarely. You might post your question into the German newsgroup, too, and get
into discussion with him. Your planned "Is the jigsaw finished?"-Macro would
be a nice addition to the drag&drop-macro.

But you should tell us a bit more, "mouse-over VBA" is quite vague. My VBA
knowledge is only basic, but as I see it, you need an IF to find out,
whether the upper left corner of "shape1" is near the place where it should
be in the end. A problem might occur because of people's different monitor
sizes ...

Best regards,
Ute

Dennis Meding

Hi Ute,

different monitor sizes will not be a problem, but different resolutions
;-)

I am "faking" the progress right now by letting the jigsaw-pieces appear
one after another by mouse-over.

Now I am trying to code a macro that relocates the jigsaw-pieces to
their original location when the jigsaw is completed (By Click).

Viele Grüße

---
Dennis Meding
Diplom-Medienökonom (FH)
Bereitgestellt: Dienstag, 31. Juli 2007 20:09
[...]

Steve Rindsberg

Now I am trying to code a macro that relocates the jigsaw-pieces to
their original location when the jigsaw is completed (By Click).

A thought:

Tag each piece with several bits of information:

StartPositionTop
StartPositionLeft

EndPositionTop
EndPositionLeft

X = 0

With each shape

if the EndPositionTop tag value matches the shape's .Top property
AND
if the EndPositionLeft tag value matches the shape's .Left property
THEN
x = x + 1

After checking each shape:

If X = TotalNumberOfPuzzleShapes Then
The pieces are all in place

To reset the puzzle, set each shape's .Top and .Left property back to the value
of the shape's StartPositionTop and StartPositionLeft tags.

Things you'll have to work out:

- You'll need to put one puzzle piece into place for the user first so they
align the other pieces from a predicable starting point

- You'll need to work out how much "slop" to allow in shape positioning and
write some code to test whether the .Top and .Left values are within an
allowable range rather than exactly equal to the tag values

- Tags are strings, coordinates like .Left and .Top are not. You'll have to
convert back and forth. VBA has commands for this ( Cstr etc )