Newsgroups unread items counter

Rostislav Yevdyukhin

Dear All,

I've set up an Exchange Server 2003 and created newsgroups there. Then in
Outlook, I open Public Folders, then Internet Newsgroups. Any folder within
there is not showing unread message counter. Is there any way so the unread
counter appears next to each newsgroup?

Show number of unread threads / number of total items properties are greyed
out. There is a checkbox next to "Maintain per-user unread message counter"
in Public Folder properties in System Manager.

Thank you,
Rostislav

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

In
Rostislav Yevdyukhin said:
Dear All,

I've set up an Exchange Server 2003 and created newsgroups there.
Then in Outlook, I open Public Folders, then Internet Newsgroups. Any
folder within there is not showing unread message counter. Is there
any way so the unread counter appears next to each newsgroup?

Show number of unread threads / number of total items properties are
greyed out. There is a checkbox next to "Maintain per-user unread
message counter" in Public Folder properties in System Manager.

Thank you,
Rostislav

Drag the PFs in question to Public Folders\Favorites in Outlook, and you'll
see 'em then.

Rostislav Yevdyukhin

Thank you, it worked. I thought that it would work if I add parent folder to
favorites and it contains a folder with new messages.

I have one more question - if I should post it to other newsgroup please let
me know.

I need to move news messages from old NNTP server running on IIS 5.0 to the
new server running on Exchange 2003. Is there any way to do this?

Thank you,
Rostislav

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"