Newsgroup Symbols

Stan

I am new to newsgroups and would appreciate some kind soul explaining what
the symbols to the left of the posts mean and how to use them. I assume the
paper clip means there is an attachment but just what does clicking on it
do?
Also, why do some listings show up in red type? Would like to understand
instead of floundering. TIA Stan

Rock

Stan said:
I am new to newsgroups and would appreciate some kind soul explaining what
the symbols to the left of the posts mean and how to use them. I assume the
paper clip means there is an attachment but just what does clicking on it
do?
Also, why do some listings show up in red type? Would like to understand
instead of floundering. TIA Stan

"....some kind soul...."

*chuckles*...in this newsgroup?