Newsgroup hierarchy

I just searched for my questions in Windows XP General. I found one but not
the other. The other I found by looking in Windows XP Basics. I found both
by searching Expert Zone Newsgroups. Evidently newsgroups are categorized
hierarchically and Expert Zone Newsgroups subsumes all the other groups
listed in the "In: " dropdown list.

Is there somewhere you can view the entire newsgroup hierarchy (or is this
it)?

kurttrail

http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?sel=33606727&expand=1

--
Peace!
Kurt

Dave Patrick

You might try looking around here.

http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?sel=33607002&expand=1

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

:
|I just searched for my questions in Windows XP General. I found one but
not
| the other. The other I found by looking in Windows XP Basics. I found
both
| by searching Expert Zone Newsgroups. Evidently newsgroups are categorized
| hierarchically and Expert Zone Newsgroups subsumes all the other groups
| listed in the "In: " dropdown list.
|
| Is there somewhere you can view the entire newsgroup hierarchy (or is this
| it)?
| --
| ray124c41

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

In
ray124c41 said:
I just searched for my questions in Windows XP General. I found one
but not the other. The other I found by looking in Windows XP
Basics. I found both by searching Expert Zone Newsgroups. Evidently
newsgroups are categorized hierarchically and Expert Zone Newsgroups
subsumes all the other groups listed in the "In: " dropdown list.

Is there somewhere you can view the entire newsgroup hierarchy (or is
this it)?

Another option: use a newsreader like Outlook Express or Forte Agent rather
than the web interface to the newsgroups - it's a lot easier to do nearly
everything there, including searching, which is always a good idea to do
before you post, as well as mark messages to be watched, and filter based on
replies to your posts.

The Microsoft public news server is news.microsoft.com and you can subscribe
to as many groups as you like.

Plato

=?Utf-8?B?cmF5MTI0YzQx?= said:
I just searched for my questions in Windows XP General. I found one but not
the other. The other I found by looking in Windows XP Basics. I found both
by searching Expert Zone Newsgroups. Evidently newsgroups are categorized
hierarchically and Expert Zone Newsgroups subsumes all the other groups
listed in the "In: " dropdown list.

Is there somewhere you can view the entire newsgroup hierarchy (or is this
it)?

Use a real newsgroup reader and a real newsgroup service.