Newsgroup - all posts don't show in content

DianaH

Using FP2003. I created my first newsgroup and after publishing, the posts
work and the search works, however, when I click "content", I only the most
recent posting. Have I done something wrong, or is it supposed to work this
way. I thought it would show all the posting on that page. Note that I
cannot change it, as it calls up a webbot and and Frontpage won't open it.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Diana

DianaH

I think I know what's happening.
I made some changes to the page (tocproto.htm) that supposedly calls up the
postings and whenever I do that, it seems to affect the content listing in
such a way that they no longer list. If I do another couple of postings
they do show up. What's with that. Does this mean can't make changes to
anything on that page?

Using FP2003. I created my first newsgroup and after publishing, the posts
work and the search works, however, when I click "content", I only the most
recent posting. Have I done something wrong, or is it supposed to work this
way. I thought it would show all the posting on that page. Note that I
cannot change it, as it calls up a webbot and and Frontpage won't open it.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Diana

Stefan B Rusynko

tocproto.htm is server generated
- you can not edit it
(but you can format it as long as you leave the Webbot tags alone)

http://www.frontpagemvps.com/FrontPageNewsGroups/tabid/53/Default.aspx

|I think I know what's happening.
| I made some changes to the page (tocproto.htm) that supposedly calls up the
| postings and whenever I do that, it seems to affect the content listing in
| such a way that they no longer list. If I do another couple of postings
| they do show up. What's with that. Does this mean can't make changes to
| anything on that page?
|
| | Using FP2003. I created my first newsgroup and after publishing, the posts
| work and the search works, however, when I click "content", I only the most
| recent posting. Have I done something wrong, or is it supposed to work this
| way. I thought it would show all the posting on that page. Note that I
| cannot change it, as it calls up a webbot and and Frontpage won't open it.
|
| Thanks for any suggestions.
| Diana

DianaH

ok Stefan, that's what I was doing ... just trying to format it and adjust
the spacing.
Is that enough to change the fact that existing posts no longer show up. I
did some sniffing on the web and there are many frontpage discussions out
there that don't show the postings ... not unless you do a search. I wonder
what affects this behaviour.

Diana