"From: DNEWS
Subject: PLEASE READ ME... Important information about this group
Date: 22 Nov 2003 11:28:20 -0600
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware

Dear user,

This newsgroup either has no articles or very few. Often there are
several groups with similar names. Some may not be very active, while
others are very much active.

To find out the most active groups for your subject, you can go to our
newsgroup search page located at:

http://www.newsfeeds.com/search.htm

Type in your subject and click search. You will be shown a "Live"
count of current articles per group.

If you need further assistance contact "(e-mail address removed)"

Thank You

Newsfeeds.com"

Steven Burn

REM said:
I just went to download new headers and got 10-12 messages like this
one. My second try downloaded all headers on the Newsfeeds server,
rather than the new headers.

I can't tell if these messages were spoofed, or if there was some sort
of technical difficulties at NF. These are dated in Nov and are set to
expire today? This group surely has traffic. I dunno. Did anyone else
have anything similar happen on other news servers?

net!waikato!
dispatch.news.demon.net!
</snip>

The "Path" is the giveaway.