Newlyweds flushed with joy

Reaction score
A couple in America have had an unusual start to married life - choosing to get hitched in a public toilet.

Lovebirds Jennifer Cannon and Doy Nichols from Lexington, Kentucky got married in a New York restroom as part of a publicity stunt for Charmin toilet tissue.

The company hosted the event in their "Charmin Restrooms", the Big Apple's only free luxury public bathroom facility.

Jennifer wore a gown fashioned from glue, tape and Charmin Ultra Soft and Ultra Strong toilet tissue. "I'll probably get a lot of jokes for the rest of my life," she said.

"Had a lot of people saying if you start crying you know where to find the toilet paper." The pair, who had never been to Manhattan, entered the contest after deciding an all-expenses paid trip and wedding was worth the ordeal.

Groom Doy Nichols was sold on the idea once he saw the toilet paper dress.

"I seen a picture of it on the internet, of what the dress could look like and I thought it was very, very beautiful," said Mr Nichols. The Nichols plan to renew their vows in a more formal ceremony next year.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Having begun married life in the toilet, hopefully things can only get better :p

Last edited: