Newbie - Save As Many Messages at Once

uzapuca

Hi guys,

I am kind of new to Outlook.

I would like to know of any fast shortcut (for Save as) or a Macro? I
work in a NGO and due to the Haiti crisis we recive like 500 emails at
day. I have to save each one them and ONE BY ONE that says Donations
(not all emails says donation).

I would like to know if there is any way i can select a bunch of emails
and save them all at once to my disk location not having to do it one by
one.

Any help or ideas,

Cheers,

Roady [MVP]

You can drag and drop the messages out of Outlook and into an Explorer
folder to save them as individual msg-file.

Any particluar reason why you want to save these items outside of Outlook?
If mailbox space is an issue, then you can also move them to a separate
pst-file. To create a pst-file use;
File-> New-> Outlook Data File...

For next time; Don't multipost but crosspost instead.

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

uzapuca

Hi,

Actually in this NGO they save each message as "Save As" .html format.
What i would like to do is save them as .html file but a whole bunch at
the same time, not one by one which is very slow.

By the way, what is the difference between .msg and .html?

Thanks and cheers,

;338046']You can drag and drop the messages out of Outlook and into an

"uzapuca" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

Hi guys,

I am kind of new to Outlook.

I would like to know of any fast shortcut (for Save as) or a Macro? I
work in a NGO and due to the Haiti crisis we recive like 500 emails
at
day. I have to save each one them and ONE BY ONE that says Donations
(not all emails says donation).

I would like to know if there is any way i can select a bunch of
emails
and save them all at once to my disk location not having to do it one
by
one.

Any help or ideas,

Cheers,

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

MSG is the native outlook format, HTML is web page format.

If you want to save a lot of messages at once, you'll need to use VBA (see
outlookcode.com) or a utility. There is a list of utilities at
http://www.slipstick.com/AddIns/housekeeping.asp - HTML Archiver works well
but there are others listed there.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

mailto:[email protected]

Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?

'Roady [MVP said:
[...]

Good Info! I am searching for HTML Archiver now, i hope is not difficul
to install or to use, i am not very good at programming but i will tr
to see if i can resolve this issue now.

Cheers,
Sebastian

;338112']MSG is the native outlook format, HTML is web page format.