Newbie Keypress Question

TerryW

Does anyone know how to remove keypress events at form level before
they are passed onto individual controls?

For example I have a text box in my form. I set keypreview to true.
In VB 6 when I received the form_Keypress I would set the keyascii =
0. This way the text box didn't get the keypress. Is there a way to
do the same thing in vbDotNet?

TIA
Terry

Shiva

You can still do the same thing in VB.NET as well.

1. Set the form's KeyPreview property to True.
2. In the form's KeyPress event, set e.Handled = True for characters you
want to suppress. (e is an instance of KeyPressEventArgs type).