New Virus Learns and attacks

Reaction score
Hello friends,

We have a big problem with a virus. We don't know the name of it. This problem is continuing since last year. This virus sometimes drops some tables in SQL Server, sometimes truncates some tables, sometimes drops database even currently using databases, sometimes currupts sql server. This virus not only attacks SQL Server. sometimes deletes .vbp files, sometimes all files, sometimes formats drives, anybody can help us. We have tried all the famous virus scanners. no one can find it. We have formatted all the systems, but no use.

Thanks in Advance

C. Ramesh

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Sorry mate, can't help you on the virus front, but it sounds like duff code to me. Are you sure some user isn't messing it around? :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd agree with CITech... I don't know of any virus's that target SQL tables etc... Could it be someone doing it on purpose?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Linux cannot 'run' a Windows virus

You really trust Windows to run perfectly and your equipment is never going to fail ... then you need to use Linux.

;)

Ask a Question