new project deployment choices missing

G

I am a new user of VB.NET with no prior VB6 experience either. I may have an installation problem becaus
when I try to create a deployment project only a single icon is visible, "SETUP PROJECT"
My documentation says that there should be Setup Wizard, Cab Project, New Module Project
Web Setup Project also. Wonder where they disapeared to??
I had recently reinstalled my whole system from the ground up, since I couldnt get VB.NET to work otherwis
after installing Norton. It works now but there is one weird thing. I have XP Professional and if the syste
is interrogated or on bootup it shows XP profesional screen, but the final Windows screen has XP Home Edition???
I presume since everything else says otherwise this wouldnt affect VB.NET and what it allows??
I did the various installations for Internet compatibility.
Fred

M

Mike Wade [MSFT]

These other projects are not available in the VB .NET SKU. You will probably need Visual Studio Professional or
better.

--
Mike Wade, VB Team
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

--------------------
Subject: new project deployment choices missing
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 11:31:08 -0800

I am a new user of VB.NET with no prior VB6 experience either. I may have an installation problem becaus

when I try to create a deployment project only a single icon is visible, "SETUP PROJECT"

My documentation says that there should be Setup Wizard, Cab Project, New Module Project

Web Setup Project also. Wonder where they disapeared to??

I had recently reinstalled my whole system from the ground up, since I couldnt get VB.NET to work otherwis

after installing Norton. It works now but there is one weird thing. I have XP Professional and if the syste

is interrogated or on bootup it shows XP profesional screen, but the final Windows screen has XP Home Edition???

I presume since everything else says otherwise this wouldnt affect VB.NET and what it allows??

I did the various installations for Internet compatibility.

Fred

Ask a Question