New Micro-ATX rig...views sought

Reaction score
My current system (see sig) is getting a little old in the tooth and I crave an upgrade. I only want a PC for gaming nowadays...and usually only CoD variants (everything else i tend to do on a Mac...but PC's still rule for the FPS:bow:)

I have been thinking about a micro-ATX build (but my previous post on ultimate rig shows that I haven't fully decided yet :confused:).

Any views on the ultimate micro-ATX components? Copy and paste the following component list and spec up my potential new rig! :cheers: (I'll start you off with the case)

Case - Silverstone TJ08-E
Mobo
CPU
HSF
PSU
Ram
GPU
SSD

I have loads of HDDs, but I'm thinking of an SSD for faster booting etc. Please recommend 'ultimate' stuff.
Thanks for your consideration and time:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Reaction score
OK, so a few days ago I asked a tough question...NOT ONE SINGLE REPLY!!!!:mad:

What is it with you guys...Micro-ATX too small for ya???

Ok, Ok...when I look at the post myself, even I wouldn't have responded....too much like hard work, and i've spent time looking at the stuff...so I do understand, I really do. Honest, i do:(

(But you'll all be sorry when I write my next message on my awesome Micro-ATX uber-rig and then decide not to post it just to **** you all off! Mwuhahahhahahahahah!!!

(A bit much?:cry:)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I havent got the slightest clue about micro atx and i bet most people on here dont know much about them either!

Just build a killer sandybridge rig and be happy with it, slap a couple of GTX580's in it.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I don't know a great deal about Micro-ATX-based systems, except to note most have onboard graphics and as far as I know are mostly aimed at Media machine setups.

I put together a media machine a few years ago based around an Asus M4N78-VM motherboard/AMD 5050E dual core CPU 2.6Ghz with onboard Nvidia 8200 graphics, and onboard sound & LAN. 2Gb Corsair RAM, a 74Gb Western Digital Raptor for OS and Hitachi 2Tb disk for storage. Antec Fusion Media case.

It works well but that's not really helping you is it?

I will say that for gaming Micro-ATX is not usually the first choice.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, I'm really not sure what I'd choose for a Micro-ATX system.

However, you mentioned you've got plenty of HDDs but were thinking about going SSD... I'd bite the bullet and go for it if you're getting other top-spec components. The Crucial M4 and OCZ Agility 3 look nice, but costs around £140 for 128GB (and double that for 256GB) - should be more than enough for a boot drive + some apps though :). Plus, it's tiny, cool and quiet - ideal!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Sorry 1nteger
Ive always wanted to build a Micro ATX machine - but never had a reason to. :D

A good starter would be something like
Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 LGA 1155
Intel Core i5 2500K LGA 1155
Athena Power AP-MP4ATX55FEP8 Micro ATX PSU