New mat

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Nope, not one of those coconut things you put by your front door with a witty message such as 'Oh no not you again' but a brand spanking new mouse mat :D

This one >> Mine cost £37.50 :eek:

As recommended by Demon Gamer V_R - it's ab-so-bloody-lutely brilliant :)

Woohoo, it's a good thing.

Must confess I still wonder about Taffycat's suggestion for a baking sheet costing a fiver though....

Had a windfall of sorts through a work situation so treated myself to Auzentech sound card and this mouse mat.

But now - tea break's over, back on your heads....

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
lol, well what can i say. A very good choice sir Flops. :D

It's a great mouse mat and so far it has outlasted all my previous ones which have been cloth type of mats. Still looks the same as the day i got it, and still smooth as you like and my mouse glides over it sooooo nicely. :D

Actually, did you get the cloth with it with the oil like stuff on it? Any idea what the oil is and if i can get more? could do with some.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thanks folks :)

I got a thin foam pad with it which I note is soaked with some kind of oil. What's that for then? Rubbing over the mat?

I recognise the smell of that oil but for the life of me can't place it at this moment. If and when I suss it I'll report back. If I can't figure it I'll take it down the pub and see if any of me mates can figure what it is.

Also got some mouse glide pads but figure the G5 doesn't need those. I still have some of those that came with one of my BFG cards.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ye that is the pad i'm on about, and i never bothered with the mouse feet either. :)

If you find out what the oil is let me know.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Cool mat.
nod.gif

Postage is a good price for guaranteed delivery next day
nod.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm actually thinking teak oil, the type you rub into garden furniture, but it does have an under-scent (as it were, lol) of something you'd use on something mechanical.

Really bugging' me this...

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
its not something like 3 in 1 is it? that has a very unique smell to it

oh and BTW i do like the look of that mat, i'm still eyeing up a carbon fibre one though lol

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
its not something like 3 in 1 is it? that has a very unique smell to it

By George I think he's cracked it :eek:

That's what it is, 3-in-1 oil, available in a handy variety of dispensers at your local hardware store.

Along with Fork Handles...

I have a tin of that stuff under the sink, took a whiff, and it matched

3-in-1's one of those things your Mum & Dad always had around the house when you grew up innit?

This new mousemat has made me realise just how crapola my Everglide Titan foam style mat was, I was playing some CoD5 online last night and whilst it wasn't exactly pwnage I was getting a few more kills. The sound card helped as well.

I still ain't any good at it though, out of twelve I will usually come about sixth, 4th if I'm very lucky.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
that was a good guess weren't it? i was using some at the weekend which is why i thought of it

i suppose they use that as its nice and thin!? anyway glad i could help
laughingsmiley.gif

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Meh, never like those aluminum mouse mats. Im a cloth man. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Alf said:

Ah, you folk with allegiances, swearing loyalty to the Titanic as she slides below the waves... ;)

All I know is what I try. And for what I know, see above posts, especially the part about my (cloth) Everglide Titan mat being a bit rubbish in comparison to the SX.

Open mind, mon ami, open mind ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Same here, i've had Titan Everglides, Qpads, Etc Etc. But this SX is by far and away the best mat i've had. My G5 tracks perfectly on it, which it didn't always do on the cloth mats.. :)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Lidl next week are doing those silicon baking sheets for £1.99 so I will find myself in there grabbing one to give it a try..

Bet you won't be able to resist the urge to go down there and try one out either Flopp's..:D

Reaction score
Alf said:

That ali mat would go just nice with my ali case..Now do they do it in gunmetal grey ?

ALF said:
Im a cloth man :)

I thopught we kept away from religion on forums ? :p Ok cr*p joke..I haven't had sufficient JD yet...
laughingsmiley.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
Lidl next week are doing those silicon baking sheets for £1.99 so I will find myself in there grabbing one to give it a try..

Bet you won't be able to resist the urge to go down there and try one out either Flopp's..:D

For the price I'll give it a try, for sure. We have a Lidls at Charlton, I bought of load of artists' supplies there once, paints, brushes, easel etc., dead cheap. Not that I can paint but one day I'll give it a try.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Ah, you folk with allegiances, swearing loyalty to the Titanic as she slides below the waves... ;)

All I know is what I try. And for what I know, see above posts, especially the part about my (cloth) Everglide Titan mat being a bit rubbish in comparison to the SX.

Open mind, mon ami, open mind ;)

Dont get me wrong, a few of my friends have aluminum mouse mats. I have used them in the past but i just didnt like the... feel. Cloth gives me the amount of resistance im used too.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
I thopught we kept away from religion on forums ? :p Ok cr*p joke..I haven't had sufficient JD yet...
laughingsmiley.gif
Aha! I didnt even think about that! :D