From: "Wayne" <[email protected]>
Subject: network problem
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 17:46:38 +1000
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.accessibility

I know this isn't the right forum for this question but I am hoping someone
can point me in the right direction. I am trying to network my computers
using a netgear 4 point hub. My problem is I have had to run cable on the
exterior of my house to get from my desktop computer (which is downstairs
and at the back of my house) to my laptop situated in my bedroom (which is
upstairs and at the front of my house. When I connect the cable to the
laptop the hub knows the network is active but I get an intermittent
transfer signal from the hub like there is possible electrical interference
along the line. I am using cat5 cable. Any help would be appreciated.

Suggest posting this in microsoft.public.winxp.network_web
PS: May want to mention to them how many feet of cable are between the two
systems.

Wayne

Thanks Sharon.
SharonF said:
TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl!dnews.tpgi.com.au!tpg.com.au!not-f
or-mail