Network connection is not re-established

Hello

Windows XP Pro up to date.

When resuming from hibernation the network connection is not re-established.
I have to reboot the machine to establish the connection.

In the Device Manager, Properties of the NIC, "Power Management", I
unchecked "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". It
made no difference.

Any ideas as to how I can solve this ?

Thanks

Best

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello Best,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

From your post, if you are using wireless network card, the following
articles may be helpful:
"Wireless Connection Unavailable" Message After Computer Resumes from
Standby
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;810020

Your computer may indicate that your wireless network connection is
unavailable after you resume your computer from hibernation in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;885293

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support