.NET Security Policy


S

Saul

How does one modify the .NET Security policy to grant Full Trust to all
Network Drives? I have tried granting Full Trust using "file://*" for
evidence, but it doesn't seem to work...
 
Ad

Advertisements

A

Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]

You can't because you don't know ahead of time what the file share will be.
So you need to wait until you know what the drive is and then provide the
required permissions.

In any case, here is the usage
Used “C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\caspol.exe -m -ag 1 -url
"file:////\\ computername \ sharename \*" FullTrust -exclusive on†to give
the full trust on the location for .Net 2.0 application
--

Regards,
Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

[Shameless Author plug]
The O.W.C. Black Book, 2nd Edition
Exclusively on www.lulu.com/owc $19.99
 
S

Saul

Very surprising that there is no way to specify Full Trust for all Network
Drives.

Tks

Alvin Bruney said:
You can't because you don't know ahead of time what the file share will be.
So you need to wait until you know what the drive is and then provide the
required permissions.

In any case, here is the usage
Used “C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\caspol.exe -m -ag 1 -url
"file:////\\ computername \ sharename \*" FullTrust -exclusive on†to give
the full trust on the location for .Net 2.0 application
--

Regards,
Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

[Shameless Author plug]
The O.W.C. Black Book, 2nd Edition
Exclusively on www.lulu.com/owc $19.99
-------------------------------------------------------


Saul said:
How does one modify the .NET Security policy to grant Full Trust to all
Network Drives? I have tried granting Full Trust using "file://*" for
evidence, but it doesn't seem to work...
 
Ad

Advertisements

A

Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]

What is a network drive? If you have physical drives c and d and you have a
network drive on z how would you set that policy? What would you point it
at? It doesn't know what a network drive is, It knows what a file path is.
Perhaps you can try this \\*, I seriously doubt that will work. In any case,
even if it did work, think of the security hole that you just opened up on
your machine.

--

Regards,
Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

[Shameless Author plug]
The O.W.C. Black Book, 2nd Edition
Exclusively on www.lulu.com/owc $19.99
-------------------------------------------------------


Saul said:
Very surprising that there is no way to specify Full Trust for all Network
Drives.

Tks

Alvin Bruney said:
You can't because you don't know ahead of time what the file share will
be.
So you need to wait until you know what the drive is and then provide the
required permissions.

In any case, here is the usage
Used “C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\caspol.exe -m -ag
1 -url
"file:////\\ computername \ sharename \*" FullTrust -exclusive on†to
give
the full trust on the location for .Net 2.0 application
--

Regards,
Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

[Shameless Author plug]
The O.W.C. Black Book, 2nd Edition
Exclusively on www.lulu.com/owc $19.99
-------------------------------------------------------


Saul said:
How does one modify the .NET Security policy to grant Full Trust to all
Network Drives? I have tried granting Full Trust using "file://*" for
evidence, but it doesn't seem to work...
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top