From: "Peter Foot [MVP]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: .net cf training centers
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 23:34:08 +0100
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework

There are some .NETCF specific courses listed here:-
http://smartdevices.microsoftdev.com/Learn/Training/default.aspx
However looking at the wider .NET development offerings would be equally
useful because the basic principles are exactly the same, and you will find
greater choice and availability if not restricted to .NETCF
Here's a few links for starters:-
http://www.gotdotnet.com/content/codewise/trainer.aspx

Peter

Amit Chopra
Visual Studio for Devices
Microsoft Corp.

Larry Roof

While I would agree with the others that a solid .NET background is
important and much of the skills will carry over between .NET and .NET CF,
there are a number of key mobile topics and techniques that you will benefit
from acquiring that you will only receive by attending a class that has been
designed specifically with mobile developers in mind.

My new .NET CF training, which coincides with the release of my book "The
Definitive Guide to the .NET Compact Framework", walks you through the
complete process of developing mobile applications. Details on the class
will be available on my site (www.larryroof.com) early next week.

Chris Tacke, eMVP

I think they're different enough to warrant specific training. Learning
full .NET can actually confuse things, as you end up learning a lot of
things that you can't do in the CF.

-Chris