Need Your Help ASAP With SendObject Error


D

Debbie H

I have an Access 2002 database which is accessed by multiple users at
different locations. The SendObject command, (DoCmd.SendObject acSendReport,
stDocName, acFormatSNP, stToName & ", ", "John Doe" & ", ", , stMailTxt, ,
False), is used to email a Snapshot format of reports via Lotus Notes. It has
worked fine for the last two years with users running Access 2002 version
(10.6501.6817 SP3) and Lotus Notes version 6.5.2. Recently, some users at a
remote location have received new pcs which upgraded them to a newer version
of Microsoft Office (Access 2002 version 10.6771.6830 SP3) and Lotus Notes
version 6.5.5. Now, they are all getting the error, "The command or action
'SendObject' isn't available now.", when they hit the button to automatically
email reports from Microsoft Access. The only information I have found says
that it is because Microsoft Outlook is the only email software recognized by
the newer version of Microsoft Office and that Registry changes must be made
for it to communicate properly with other vendors’ email software (Lotus
Notes). I did have one of the affected users try the suggested “fixâ€, but he
is still receiving the same error message. This database is critical to our
daily operations and I would GREATLY APPRECIATE your expertise in helping me
find a solution.
 
Ad

Advertisements

D

Dennis

Unfortunately, Outlook IS the only email application recognized by the
SendObject command. What email software (client & server) are you currently
using in your company?
 
D

Douglas J. Steele

Sorry, Dennis, but your information is incorrect here (as it was regarding
free trial versions of Office).

The SendObject method works the same as the SendObject action. If you read
the documentation for the SendObject action (such as
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa164065(office.10).aspx), you'll
see it says "The SendObject action is available only if you have a
MAPI-compliant electronic mail application installed on your computer, or if
you have a VIM-compliant electronic mail application and have installed and
set up Mapivi32.dll."
 
J

Jeroen

Douglas said:
Sorry, Dennis, but your information is incorrect here (as it was regarding
free trial versions of Office).

The SendObject method works the same as the SendObject action. If you read
the documentation for the SendObject action (such as
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa164065(office.10).aspx), you'll
see it says "The SendObject action is available only if you have a
MAPI-compliant electronic mail application installed on your computer, or if
you have a VIM-compliant electronic mail application and have installed and
set up Mapivi32.dll."
Your link gives me a 'Content not found' page.

I'm using Access 2007 (dutch) and have a similar problem, saying
ObjectVerzenden (sendObject) is not available. It gives a few possible
resons which I know aren't my case. I'm using Thunderbird as email
client, and really really rather wouldn't switch back to outlook. How do
I find out if Thunderbird is MAPI and what's that registry fix there was
talk about?
J
 
D

Douglas J. Steele

Jeroen said:
Your link gives me a 'Content not found' page.

I'm using Access 2007 (dutch) and have a similar problem, saying
ObjectVerzenden (sendObject) is not available. It gives a few possible
resons which I know aren't my case. I'm using Thunderbird as email client,
and really really rather wouldn't switch back to outlook. How do I find
out if Thunderbird is MAPI and what's that registry fix there was talk
about?


No idea why the link doesn't work for you: I just clicked on it, and was
taken to the page.

You'd have to ask the manufacturer of Thunderbird if it's MAP compliant.
What registry fix are you talking about?
 
J

Jeroen

Douglas said:
No idea why the link doesn't work for you: I just clicked on it, and was
taken to the page.

You'd have to ask the manufacturer of Thunderbird if it's MAP compliant.
What registry fix are you talking about?
There's something suggested in the first post. At any rate, I'll check
it out. I used Application.Followhyperlink for now, but I'd like to use
the macro for ease of adjusting later on.
 
Ad

Advertisements

D

Debbie H

Doug,

Can you find any possible "fixes" for this problem? I can't help a lot from
a technical standpoint, except to say that the Access application (and
SendObject command) was working, and continues to work fine on pcs running
the older version of Lotus Notes and the older version of Microsoft Access
(version numbers are listed in my original post). I work in a large
corporate environment where they simply roll out new pcs & software on a
regularly scheduled basis and I usually end up with something in my Access
application which no longer functions on the new pcs & then have to implement
some sort of "fix". Our IT staff does not support independent application
development, so I rely on experts like you to point me in the right
direction. Thanks for any help you can provide.
 
Joined
Dec 4, 2007
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Also Encountered SendObject Error

I also encountered the same SendObject error. In my case I had a email button on a form configured to send a short report as an attachement to email ... used to communicate new postings in the Db to support staff. Email system in use is GroupWise ... and is MAPI compliant.

Problem occurred when my workstation had Office2007 installed and converted the Db to Access2007. I got the 'SendObject on available' error when clicking the control on the old form. However, the error also now appears in older versions of Access (on same machine) using unconverted Db.

Uninstalling Office2007 and reinstalling older version does not appear to remedy problem.

Our support group is satisfied simply acknowedging it is a Microsoft issue. Posted problem on other forum and got no responses. Any help would be appreciated.
 
C

Carole D

Try this:
Although Microsoft was not able to determine what caused this problem, they
had me add the following to my win.ini file and this solved the problem:

[Mail]
MAPI=1
CMC=1
CMCDLLNAME=mapi.dll
CMCDLLNAME32=mapi32.dll
MAPIX=1
MAPIXVER=1.0.0.1
OLEMessaging=1

"Microsoft Access uses a call to a Windows API (Application Programming
Interface) function which returns information regarding the Windows
Messaging System. That functions relies upon the values stored within
the [MAIL] section of WIN.INI. The function told Access the messaging
system wasn't configured. As a result, the SendObject method/action was
disabled."

"The root cause would require you and I to know what caused the change in
WIN.INI. Unfortunately, we may never know. The file could have been
changed by another application, a running process, system restore (if
you performed such action), or even the security updates. "
 
Ad

Advertisements

Joined
Dec 4, 2007
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
SendObject Error

Thanks, Carole

Inserted code you suggested but only got a partial result. Old Access97 Db now allows email but the converted 2007 version still does not.

Tried rebuilding the code using 2007 and have the same error.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
 
Ad

Advertisements


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Similar Threads


Top