Need to get the HTTP version

Juan Dent

Hi,

The Request.SaveAs method stores in a file the complete
HTTP request including the HttpVersion. However when I try
to reproduce in memory the same thing, I cannot find
the "HTTP/1.1" anywhere. I looked around and found a class
called HttpWorkerRequest which has a method called
GetHttpVersion() which returns the exact thing I am
missing. However, I can't see how to get at the
HttpWorkerRequest from a Page or from the HttpApplication.

What am I missing?
Thanks!
Juan

Bassel Tabbara [MSFT]

Hello Juan,
After some research, I found the property that you need to look at. It is
part of HttpRequest.ServerVariables.
From that collection, look at SERVER_PROTOCOL property. This will give you
the HTTP version.
If you turn trace on the aspx page, you will see this property part of the
Server Variables.

Please let me know if you have more questions on this.

Thanks,
Bassel Tabbara
Microsoft, ASP.NET

| From: "Juan Dent" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Juan Dent" <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: Need to get the HTTP version
| Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 15:00:32 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| Thanks for your answer.
| The doubt still remains though, you say:
|
| >You can't get the WebRequest from the Page Class, but you
| >can get the Request object which doesn't have the
| >property that you need.
| So what good is it to me to get the Request object, since
| it does not have a reference to the WebRequest?
| Do I need to add a class implementing the
| IAuthenticationModule interface just so I can access
| WebRequest? Seems a lot of work to access something that
| should be easily accessible.
|
| Am I reading you incorrectly?
| Thanks again,
| Juan

| >|
| >| Hi,
| >|
| >| The Request.SaveAs method stores in a file the complete
| >| HTTP request including the HttpVersion. However when I
| try
| >| to reproduce in memory the same thing, I cannot find
| >| the "HTTP/1.1" anywhere. I looked around and found a
| class
| >| called HttpWorkerRequest which has a method called
| >| GetHttpVersion() which returns the exact thing I am
| >| missing. However, I can't see how to get at the
| >| HttpWorkerRequest from a Page or from the
| HttpApplication.
| >|
| >| What am I missing?
| >| Thanks!