Need suggestions for a case

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Im on the market for a new case, as my current one it starting to look shabby as welll as a little noise since i only supports 80mm fans :blush:

I think its a fine time to upgrade to a full tower, but there are quite a few out there. :D I have been looking at a few recently and the Gigabye 3D Aurora is looking nice (and its not too expensive). And of course theres the CM Stacker 380 :D

If anyone has any feedback with full tower cases, and perhaps a few suggestions it would be appreciated. looking at something below $250 but i am willing to push it to $270 :D

Reaction score
Get an all aluminium one mate basically act as one big heatsink and they have come down in price quite a lot compared to when i bought mine 3 years ago

Thermaltake, Coolermaster, Antec are all decent but if you get the lower end ones you wont usually get a decent PSU.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
How much ? ... :eek:

For a bit of tin & plastick ??? you won the lotto or summit ??

If your old case is looking a bit shabby, take it to the local car wash ... soon come out spic-n-span, have 'em give it a wax job. :thumb:

I been lookin at those "new" cases Bex posts on the news ... take away the plastic outer, and they all look the bloody same ... cheap.

oh, ang on, one or two stick the PSU on the bottom ... now int that a daft idea ... all PSU's I've seen, the good ones, come with a fan ... on their bottom ... so, you either mask it, or turn the PSU upside-down.
laughingsmiley.gif

It's your money ...
user.gif

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Techy- Sure looks really nice, are the fans as quite as they say? How spacy is it?
Mucks, i dont plan on using more than one PSU im computer... not anytime soon :D

For the most part i want to have a decent looking computer for a upcoming state LAN tourny :)
and things are starting to get a little toasty with the FX-57, and if whenever i upgrade my video card, i want to make sure my case is big enough and able to keep my componets cool with good fan placement, my 80mm arent cutting it anymore they spin fast and are quite whiny :(

so i suppose i might as well get a case that supports more than 2 120mm fans :D

Reaction score
fans that big are never going to be "quiet". like most kit under load they make noise. but theres usually frags blowing up all over the place when under load so it doesn't bother me ;)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Triple- I do plan on getting a aluminum case, especially the ones with thick aluminum :) and i already have a decent PSU so i could shave off a little more on the price .

Techy, the Aurora is looking pretty sweet since its not very expensive. and theres one at a local PC shop... i think i may get it

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
How much ? ... :eek:

oh, ang on, one or two stick the PSU on the bottom ... now int that a daft idea ... all PSU's I've seen, the good ones, come with a fan ... on their bottom ... so, you either mask it, or turn the PSU upside-down.
laughingsmiley.gif

It's your money ...
user.gif

Good point there muckshifter .

Seem to recal and may be this is just a romour , but , dosen't , HEAT RISE :p

Reaction score
Id personally go for the Stacker, the 810 rather than the 830 or the Antec P180 or Jeantech Phong II. They are all really good full tower cases and can be modded quite easily

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I've got a couple of Antec P180's for my quads - excellent cases, well built, good soundproofing and great cooling :thumb:

Reaction score
I can give a thumbs-up for Coolermaster. My Wavemaster is built like a tank in thick aluminium. The piano black finish seems very durable too. Get as big a case as you can afford too. You can't have too much space inside.

Ask a Question