Need Help with NTFS Permissions

JPM III

I'm running IIS 5.1 on XP Pro SP2, and I don't have a "Security" tab on
folder or files, so I can't get to the NTFS permissions settings.

I have setup PHP 5.0.1 to work with IIS, but since I can't access the file
permissions, the server won't let IUSR_(me) access the file... or at least
so it seems.

If someone could help me solve this problem, I would greatly appreciate it!
Thanks.

JPM III

JPM III wrote in news:[email protected]:
I'm running IIS 5.1 on XP Pro SP2, and I don't have a "Security" tab
on folder or files, so I can't get to the NTFS permissions settings.

I have setup PHP 5.0.1 to work with IIS, but since I can't access the
file permissions, the server won't let IUSR_(me) access the file...
or at least so it seems.

If someone could help me solve this problem, I would greatly
appreciate it! Thanks.

Er, I disabled simple file sharing and I've got the permissions set for the
local IUSR now. What else am I missing?

Ken Wickes [MSFT]

Have you used the "Effective Permissions" tab in the advanced security
dialog to test the permissions that you set?

JPM III

I got help in the alt.php group. I had to disable "simple file sharing" in
Folder Options, then I set the file permissions. After that was done, I had
to set the CGI redirect value to zero (default is 1). Everything is working
fine. Thanks, though!

--

Ken Wickes [MSFT]
rights.