Need help deleting data

F

fjghny

Hi, I’m using Excel 2007 and I have several files with about 10 sheets each. Each sheet has about 20,000 rows and some of them have more than 100 columns. One of the sheets has almost 300 columns. Anyway, what I am trying to do is delete the data in any cell that does NOT contain quotation marks. I was thinking of just filtering the data for the ones that do not contain quotation marks and then just deleting the data from those cells, but Iwas wondering if there is a faster way to do this. Is there any way to filter all columns on an entire sheet at once? Or would you need a macro forsomething like this? I feel like I’m missing something obvious, but I don’t know how to go about doing this. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance for any information.

D

Don Guillett

Hi, I’m using Excel 2007 and I have several files with about 10 sheets each. Each sheet has about 20,000 rows and some of them have more than 100columns. One of the sheets has almost 300 columns. Anyway, what I am trying to do is delete the data in any cell that does NOT contain quotation marks. I was thinking of just filtering the data for the ones that do not contain quotation marks and then just deleting the data from those cells, butI was wondering if there is a faster way to do this. Is there any way to filter all columns on an entire sheet at once? Or would you need a macro for something like this? I feel like I’m missing something obvious, but Idon’t know how to go about doing this. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance for any information.

More detail and explanation or send ME a file

F

fjghny

Hi, Don, thanks for your response. This project was actually given to someone else today he was able to create a macro to do what they wanted.

Ask a Question