Need a Matrix diagram - Please help

OK guys, gals and gurus -

Here is my project:
In the end, I need a matrix box with 9 boxes containing the following info:

I have 500 companies each with 2 ratings - the spreadsheet looks like this:
Company A 5 2
Company B 5 5
Company C 1 1
Company D 3 5
Company E 1 5
Company F 4 3
Company G 4 5

Matrix Groups 4 and 5 together, 3, 2 and 1 together
Results (I put the Company in parenthesis - I think the matrix would just
have the count).
4-5 3 2-1
4-5 2 (B,G) 1 (D) 1 (E)
3 1 (F)
2-1 1 (A) 1 (C)

I feel like I'm writing a question for the SAT's!
I hope this is clear. I'm looking for counts of how many Companies are rated
a 4 or 5 in BOTH columns (2, Companies B and G). How many Companies are rated
a 2 or 1 in BOTH columns (1, Company C) etc...

Extra Credit: Can this be done with a pivot table that would let you "drill
down" to see the Companies? Or should I just be happy with the counts?

I really appreciate your help in this matter :)
If there is some magical way of looking at 500 Companies and putting them in
this matrix - I would be very HAPPY.

Jim Cone

Take a look at "Database Functions" in normal Excel help.
In particular the Dproduct function. Click the help example and then the
"criteria" instructions. Different versions of Excel each have slightly
different help files.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA