Navigation with Link Bars corupt

Kevin Rockall

Hi Folks,

I might be going mad, but I tried and failed to fix some (now) serious
issues with the navigation I set-up on my website using Link Bars.

Have a look at www.rockall.org.uk to see the issue! Essentially, whilst
doing some minor updates to my site the navigation bars corrupted badly.
The site is trying to make reference to the file structure on my local
machine rather than the server.

I use FP2003 on XP Home Ed to stage my website and then it gets published to
my ISP who host it with FP server extensions.

I can see the incorrect code when I select View Source from a published
page, but that code it not there when I look at the same page on my local
PC!!

Please, please can anyone help me see where I went wrong or how to fix it!

Thanks,

Kevin

Thomas A. Rowe

Make sure that you always work on your pages by first using FP File Menu | Open Site, never by just
opening individual pages when you haven't first open the site.

After opening the site, try running Tools | Recalculate Hyperlinks.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Kevin Rockall

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the pointers, but alas no joy!

To be honest i always open the site up locally and then upload the changes
within FP2003. I ran the recalculate links, but no change.

Any body else have a suggestion... :-(

Kevin

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

Publish to the server again, try it with Publish All (or whatever FP2003 calls it).

If that doesnt work, open the site live with FP and try Recalculate Hyperlinks on the live site.

| Hi Thomas,
|
| Thanks for the pointers, but alas no joy!
|
| To be honest i always open the site up locally and then upload the changes
| within FP2003. I ran the recalculate links, but no change.
|
| Any body else have a suggestion... :-(
|
| Kevin

| | > Make sure that you always work on your pages by first using FP File Menu |
| > Open Site, never by just opening individual pages when you haven't first
| > open the site.
| >
| > After opening the site, try running Tools | Recalculate Hyperlinks.
| >
| > --
| > ==============================================
| > Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| > WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
| >
| > FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
| > ==============================================
| > To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
| > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp

| >> I might be going mad, but I tried and failed to fix some (now) serious
| >> issues with the navigation I set-up on my website using Link Bars.
| >>
| >> Have a look at www.rockall.org.uk to see the issue! Essentially, whilst
| >> doing some minor updates to my site the navigation bars corrupted badly.
| >> The site is trying to make reference to the file structure on my local
| >> machine rather than the server.
| >>
| >> I use FP2003 on XP Home Ed to stage my website and then it gets published
| >> to my ISP who host it with FP server extensions.
| >>
| >> I can see the incorrect code when I select View Source from a published
| >> page, but that code it not there when I look at the same page on my local
| >> PC!!
| >>
| >> Please, please can anyone help me see where I went wrong or how to fix
| >> it!
| >>
| >> Thanks,
| >>
| >> Kevin

Steve Easton

Kevin, I hate to say it, but the only way you will get a link that references %username%\Documents
and Settings\My Webs,
is if you are working on a page that is "outside" of your web, or one that you have opened by right
clicking a file and selecting Edit.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

Kevin Rockall

Hi Rob,

Success!! By opening the live site and recalclating links all seems well
again!

Huge Thanks,

Kevin

"Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
wrote in message Publish to the server again, try it with Publish All (or whatever FP2003
calls it).

If that doesnt work, open the site live with FP and try Recalculate
Hyperlinks on the live site.

| Hi Thomas,
|
| Thanks for the pointers, but alas no joy!
|
| To be honest i always open the site up locally and then upload the changes
| within FP2003. I ran the recalculate links, but no change.
|
| Any body else have a suggestion... :-(
|
| Kevin
|
| | > Make sure that you always work on your pages by first using FP File Menu
|
| > Open Site, never by just opening individual pages when you haven't first
| > open the site.
| >
| > After opening the site, try running Tools | Recalculate Hyperlinks.
| >
| > --
| > ==============================================
| > Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| > WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
| >
| > FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
| > ==============================================
| > To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
| > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp

| >> I might be going mad, but I tried and failed to fix some (now) serious
| >> issues with the navigation I set-up on my website using Link Bars.
| >>
| >> Have a look at www.rockall.org.uk to see the issue! Essentially,
whilst
| >> doing some minor updates to my site the navigation bars corrupted
badly.
| >> The site is trying to make reference to the file structure on my local
| >> machine rather than the server.
| >>
| >> I use FP2003 on XP Home Ed to stage my website and then it gets
published
| >> to my ISP who host it with FP server extensions.
| >>
| >> I can see the incorrect code when I select View Source from a published
| >> page, but that code it not there when I look at the same page on my
local
| >> PC!!
| >>
| >> Please, please can anyone help me see where I went wrong or how to fix
| >> it!
| >>
| >> Thanks,
| >>
| >> Kevin

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

:)....a secret weapon against corruption...glad it werked fer ya!

| Hi Rob,
|
| Success!! By opening the live site and recalclating links all seems well
| again!
|
| Huge Thanks,
|
| Kevin
|
| "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
| wrote in message | Publish to the server again, try it with Publish All (or whatever FP2003
| calls it).
|
| If that doesnt work, open the site live with FP and try Recalculate
| Hyperlinks on the live site.
|

| | | Hi Thomas,
| |
| | Thanks for the pointers, but alas no joy!
| |
| | To be honest i always open the site up locally and then upload the changes
| | within FP2003. I ran the recalculate links, but no change.
| |
| | Any body else have a suggestion... :-(
| |
| | Kevin
| |
| | > Open Site, never by just opening individual pages when you haven't first
| | > open the site.
| | >
| | > After opening the site, try running Tools | Recalculate Hyperlinks.
| | >
| | > --
| | > ==============================================
| | > Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| | > WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
| | >
| | > FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
| | > To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
| | > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp

| whilst
| badly.

| published