Navigation publishing problems & Preview buttons dead in FP2003

G

Hi everone; Let me thank all in advance for you help
I was running Win2000 SPK#1 and FP2000. Upgraded OS to WIn2000 Rev-SP4 and FP2003
When opening a webin FP2003, preview buttons DO NOT work at all
I've tried everything including reinstalling F
When publishing to host all nav buttons drop image and revert to text
Is there a know problem with FR2003 with preview mode using navigation buttons
Can someone give me a clue or some ideas to chase down
Thanks

S

Stefan B Rusynko

What type of nav buttons are you having problems w/
Themes and nav bars based on the themes?
- if so have you reapplied the theme and run a Tools Recalculate Hyperlinks
--

| Hi everone; Let me thank all in advance for you help.
| I was running Win2000 SPK#1 and FP2000. Upgraded OS to WIn2000 Rev-SP4 and FP2003.
| When opening a webin FP2003, preview buttons DO NOT work at all.
| I've tried everything including reinstalling FP
| When publishing to host all nav buttons drop image and revert to text.
| Is there a know problem with FR2003 with preview mode using navigation buttons.
| Can someone give me a clue or some ideas to chase down?
| Thanks

G

Yes I tried reappling the themes.. I can generate a new web using the "file new button" and the same thing happens... This code is canned right out of the box from Msoft. It's really frustrating. Basically, I can't use any nav buttond in preview mode. I can open the same web code with a browser and everything works. The code that is. It's frontpage that's having the problem. I tell you all, I'm really sorry that I upgraded to FP2003. Now I'm considering switching the authoring tool to Dreamweaver. I can get the FP product to work and running out of time playing with it. What really bites me is the old 2002 worked pretty good but the install deleted it and I don't have the 2002 kit any more. Msoft people if you see this please give me an idea of what is wrong here. If not will be a dreamweaver shop soon. Thanks

S

Stefan B Rusynko

The Preview broken links are caused by an IE patch
The way to restore links clicks in Preview mode is at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823720
--

| Yes I tried reappling the themes.. I can generate a new web using the "file new button" and the same thing happens... This code is
canned right out of the box from Msoft. It's really frustrating. Basically, I can't use any nav buttond in preview mode. I can open
the same web code with a browser and everything works. The code that is. It's frontpage that's having the problem. I tell you all,
I'm really sorry that I upgraded to FP2003. Now I'm considering switching the authoring tool to Dreamweaver. I can get the FP
product to work and running out of time playing with it. What really bites me is the old 2002 worked pretty good but the install
deleted it and I don't have the 2002 kit any more. Msoft people if you see this please give me an idea of what is wrong here. If not
will be a dreamweaver shop soon. Thanks

G

Man you nailed it. I can't tell you how much I appreciate knowing this. This is a major problem and It should be documented somewhere because it's so very frustrating to trouble shoot. This renders the FP product completely useless. I've been working on this for a number of weeks with no joy. I owe you a big steak dinner. Doesn't Msoft have a patch or an update somewhere to correct this? Mabe an FP update or something that would make sense to me ??? If this is a know problem why haven't the above been done. Anyway thanks a million at least we can get back to work again and we don't have to re-author this development effort in Dreamweaver

Again Thanks

Ask a Question