Native event handle

Jo

Hi all,

I have a mutli-threaded managed app written in C#, from ProcessExplorer, it
shows many event handles without
name. It also shows as 'handle leak' through windows task manager.

I am using v1.1 .NET framework.

Can any one tell me in .NET, which class/method can create native event
handle?

TIA,

JoeZ

Vadym Stetsiak

Hello, Jo!

Does your app interact somehow with unmanaged world? Does it create
AutoResetEvents or ManualResetEvent instances?
Does it use file I/O.

Give more background on what your application is doing, then it will be
possible to give more concrete answer.

--
With best regards, Vadym Stetsiak.
Blog: http://vadmyst.blogspot.com

You wrote on Tue, 22 Jan 2008 14:29:29 -0500:

J> Hi all,

J> I have a mutli-threaded managed app written in C#, from
J> ProcessExplorer, it shows many event handles without name. It also
J> shows as 'handle leak' through windows task manager.

J> I am using v1.1 .NET framework.

J> Can any one tell me in .NET, which class/method can create native
J> event handle?

J> TIA,

J> JoeZ

Jo

Yes, it interacts with the unmanaged world, it also uses file I/O.
I have pretty good control of unmanaged world and file I/O.

The part I am not very familiar is the managed world, back to my question,
which class/method can create native event handle?

TIA for any clue!

Vadym Stetsiak

Hello, Jo!

Classes in .NET Framework that can create handles:

FileStream,
AutoResetEvent,
ManualResetEvent,
Semaphore,
Socket,
Thread,

The list above doesn't pretent to be complete :)

HTH