Nanoxia Deep Silence 1

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I do love a sleek and elegant case design, and if it's quiet too then all the better. Tech Power Up have reviewed the Nanoxia Deep Silence 1:

"There is no denying it. The Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 is gunning straight for the Fractal Design R4. It shares quite a few elements with that successful case, but does take things a bit further.

First, there is the aspect of price: the Deep Silence 1 costs 15 Euros more than the Define R4. But what does that extra money buy you? Three instead of two fans, a better fan controller, and the ability to install an external 3.5" device right out of the box. Thus, from a price point, the Deep Silence 1, albeit a bit more expensive, offers a bit more, which results in a similar price/performance ratio.

That leaves feature set and implementation. The Deep Silence 1 does, in this regard, offer functionality that is a tick more elaborate, which results in more flexibility because of the "Air Chimney", its extremely flexible trio of hard-drive cages, and the dual channel fan controller. The Deep Silence 1 trumps the Define R4 in these areas, but falls somewhat short in the tool-less lock department. While the DS1 offers plastic locks, they are, essentially, not strong enough, pressuring the user into using traditional screws as well. The R4, on the other hand, goes for thumbscrews right out of the box."

You can read more here.

Reaction score
I need to stop reading reviews of these kinds of things while I'm trying to save up for a house... too tempting... Good looking case though :thumb:

Ask a Question