My Xp Machine is slow

Shyamsundar Surapaneni

Hi,

In my office we recently install XP in all machines,after that we are getting lot of complaints regarding that performance is slow.Can you please help in solving this problem.

Thanks in advance
Shyam

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Jim Macklin

XP uses more RAM and needs a fast CPU and graphics, what are
your machines specifications?
CPU type and speed, RAM [512 MB is a good minimum], graphics
for office applications can be less powerful, but you do
need more RAM for on-board video.
Increasing the amount of system RAM is the surest and most
cost effective way to speed up XP.

Also, be sure to defrag after you have installed your OS and
application software.

<Shyamsundar Surapaneni> wrote in message
| Hi,
|
| In my office we recently install XP in all machines,after
that we are getting lot of complaints regarding that
performance is slow.Can you please help in solving this
problem.

| Thanks in advance
| Shyam
|
| EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
| http://www.eggheadcafe.com

RJK

"Increasing the amount of system RAM," if you currently have less that
512mb's fitted often increases the responsiveness of XP, and will reduce
paging file usage - giving the effect - of "speeding up" ones PC :)

.....this hair has been split so many times <grin> .

regards, Richard

philo

Hi,

In my office we recently install XP in all machines,after that we are
getting lot of complaints regarding that performance is slow.Can you please
help in solving this problem.
Thanks in advance
Shyam

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Go into the control panel and adjust for best performance.
If the users like the XP look...you can always change the theme back...
but the performance will be a lot better