My network places problem - full message !

P

Pivert

Hi all,

asking again same question.
Win XP SP1a

When I create a new shortcut to a shared folder in "My Network Places" WITHOUT opening it right after creation it gets in correct place, that is under the header for my PC ( view sorted by computer name) :

Now, as soon as I open it first time, it migrates to "Inconnu" ( that is "Unknown in english) ! That only happens with my folders. All others remain correctly sorted ! It drives me mad !

Here is view after just opening it :

Does someone have an idea ??????????

Had NAV2004, and phenomenon had appeared after it : restored disk image done before : OK.
Installed trial version of Kaspersky anti-virus : booooooommmmm : same problem. Of course "it functions" but not normally, and that annoys me, because I try very hard to keep my PC clean, ordered and so on.
Any help would be so much appreciated !

Pivert

P

Pivert

Sorry images didn't pass. See attachment on message posted some seconds ago !

"Pivert" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de Hi all,

asking again same question.
Win XP SP1a

When I create a new shortcut to a shared folder in "My Network Places" WITHOUT opening it right after creation it gets in correct place, that is under the header for my PC ( view sorted by computer name) :

Now, as soon as I open it first time, it migrates to "Inconnu" ( that is "Unknown in english) ! That only happens with my folders. All others remain correctly sorted ! It drives me mad !

Here is view after just opening it :

Does someone have an idea ??????????

Had NAV2004, and phenomenon had appeared after it : restored disk image done before : OK.
Installed trial version of Kaspersky anti-virus : booooooommmmm : same problem. Of course "it functions" but not normally, and that annoys me, because I try very hard to keep my PC clean, ordered and so on.
Any help would be so much appreciated !

Pivert

B

BigBears2

I'm not sure but you may have installed your problem.

I find it odd you have to make the short cut mine makes
those on it's own whenever I add another shared folder.

P

Pivert

Does it ?
If I share a folder, it does never appear on it's own on myt own PC's "My
network places" although they do appear on the other PCs ( as the other PCs
shared folders do appear on my "My network places".
If I want them to appear on my own PC I have to start the Add a Network
Favorite assistant

Ask a Question