my dlls in VS.NET 2003

Jim H

I have a ppc solution that has a few dll projects. The target directory for
the dll is set and the device is set. Why don't I see any of the dlls on
the device? Even if I right click on the dll project and select deploy it
comes back almost immediately with Deploy Succeeded, but it never even
attempts to establish a connection and the dll is not on the device.

The app works fine though. I'm assuming the app is brining in the dll code
during compile and that it's all in the executable. How do I get it to use
the dll and get the dll to deploy?

Thanks,
Jim

Chris Tacke, eMVP

PPCs hide DLLs by default in the explorer. Use the remote file explorer or
Windows Explorer and you'll see it.

-Chris

Edward Xu [MSFT]

Hi Jim

Could you please check if you add the reference(s) of those dll(s)
to the startup project?

--------------------
From: "Jim H" <[email protected]>
Subject: my dlls in VS.NET 2003
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 19:11:57 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework

I have a ppc solution that has a few dll projects. The target directory for
the dll is set and the device is set. Why don't I see any of the dlls on
the device? Even if I right click on the dll project and select deploy it
comes back almost immediately with Deploy Succeeded, but it never even
attempts to establish a connection and the dll is not on the device.

The app works fine though. I'm assuming the app is brining in the dll code
during compile and that it's all in the executable. How do I get it to use
the dll and get the dll to deploy?

Thanks,
Jim

Jim H

Yes I did. According to another response, dlls don't show up in PocketPC
Explorer.

jim

Edward Xu [MSFT]

I think if you click and hold in the empty space of Pocket PC explorer,
select "View All files" in the pop-up menu. The DLL files should be visible.

Thanks,
Edward

This Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.