My display is stuck at 4 bit color quality and 800x600 resolution.

G

Well, pretty much like the subject says, My display is stuck at 4 bit color quality and 800x600 resolution and I can't figure out how to change it. It looks really poor in both windows and before I log into my user, however the microsoft loading window looks fine, and if I start up my computer in safe mode it can appear fine. I have no idea what is wrong or what to do, any help would be greatly appreciated

K

Kevin Haklar

have you checked that your using the correct graphics driver. As it sounds
to me that you need to update that driver.

Ben said:
Well, pretty much like the subject says, My display is stuck at 4 bit
color quality and 800x600 resolution and I can't figure out how to change
it. It looks really poor in both windows and before I log into my user,
however the microsoft loading window looks fine, and if I start up my
computer in safe mode it can appear fine. I have no idea what is wrong or
what to do, any help would be greatly appreciated.

G

Hi

Try removing the adapter and reboot the machine, put in your vga adapter's drivers cd in, when windows loads it should load up the found new hardware wizard, then it should find your adapater and install the correct drivers

any probs let us know

Lava

----- Ben wrote: ----

Well, pretty much like the subject says, My display is stuck at 4 bit color quality and 800x600 resolution and I can't figure out how to change it. It looks really poor in both windows and before I log into my user, however the microsoft loading window looks fine, and if I start up my computer in safe mode it can appear fine. I have no idea what is wrong or what to do, any help would be greatly appreciated

Ask a Question