My Dad Hacked Me!

G

I set up my computer with accounts, and I made myself an administrator (since it is my computer) and gave my brother, sister, and mom and dad limited accounts. Well I logged in and saw a new user in there called DerMeister (Which I believe is German for "The Master"). Apparently, this account has complete administrator access and my account has been changed to a limited, now I can't do basically anything. My account was always password protected and I have no clue how my dad could have gotten my password. I need help on understanding how this happened and how I can regain control of my computer!

S

Shenan Stanley

HelpMe! said:
I set up my computer with accounts, and I made myself an
administrator (since it is my computer) and gave my brother, sister,
and mom and dad limited accounts. Well I logged in and saw a new user
in there called DerMeister (Which I believe is German for "The
Master"). Apparently, this account has complete administrator access
and my account has been changed to a limited, now I can't do
basically anything. My account was always password protected and I
have no clue how my dad could have gotten my password. I need help on
understanding how this happened and how I can regain control of my
computer!

Hack him back (If they have physical access, they have won the battle.)

Hack your password:
http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html

Another:
http://www.thomasmathiesen.com/itak/html/software.html

G

Yeah he does have physical access. I just wish he wasn't so power hungry. He has two computers of his own and I don't see why he has to go and take over mine. He even put a BIOS pass on my comp that everyone in my family knows except me. I'm still not old enough to move out and I can't take much more of this (This is the second time he's done this). I'm just ready to go through the roof with this one.

L

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

Is he playing jokes on you, or is he trying to keep you from using the
computer? If the latter,

1) Who bought the computer?
2) Do you pay rent?

G

They bought the computer for me as a gift for getting a 90 in Algebra 1 and I just said I'm not old enough to move out, so why should I be paying rent unless my parents are crazy enough to charge me? (Which I'm sure they would be.)

L

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

Congrats on the algebra score, and I was kidding about rent.

What's your dad's specific beef with your using this computer? It's still
your parent's house, so if they don't want you using it, or not using it as
much as you want to, it's kind of up to them. Hate to say it, but it's true.

PS: parents are all insane, but they generally catch it from their teenage
children. ;-)

G

Greg R

I set up my computer with accounts, and I made myself an administrator (since it is my computer) and gave my brother, sister, and mom and dad limited accounts. Well I logged in and saw a new user in there called DerMeister (Which I believe is German for "The Master"). Apparently, this account has complete administrator access and my account has been changed to a limited, now I can't do basically anything. My account was always password protected and I have no clue how my dad could have gotten my password. I need help on understanding how this happened and how I can regain control of my computer!

If it windows xp home. Your passwords can be reset by pressing f8
twice at safemode and chosing windows default administrator account.

Depending on your bios thier are password recovery program out on the
internet.

Greg R

J

Jerry

It is similar to computers at work. They paid for it - it belongs to them.
That's why the courts have said the employer has the right to read e-mail
and make sure the employee is not doing personal business on the company
computer.

HelpMe! said:
They bought the computer for me as a gift for getting a 90 in Algebra 1
and I just said I'm not old enough to move out, so why should I be paying
rent unless my parents are crazy enough to charge me? (Which I'm sure they
would be.)

G

an easier way to get rid of the BIOS password... just remove the CMOS battery and put it back again... altho it would reset your time and ur settings for the BIOS...

G

As a network administrator and a Dad my suggestion to you is to ask your Dad if he set up the account. Chances are he may not have done it at all but since the bios password was added he may have.

Just for your information you have a legal responsibility to be responsible on the internet and not try to hack others computers.(not that you would try) They (FBI) can come and take that pretty new computer away from you for many reasons. Play fair. Don't try to hide stuff from your Dad because you can't especially if he is computer savvy. There are many ways he can control you so beg for forgiveness for being a power hungry teenager. Stay out of trouble and ask him how to secure your computer from the cable bandits. I would worry a lot more about that than your dad. You need a firewall at your house for all of the computers (cable switch with hardware an administrered firewall by your Dad). You need to apply all service packs, patches, fixes and updates from DerMeisterMicrosoft and any other important software vendors for which you have software loaded. If you do not you will be rebuilding your computer quiet soon. I can attest to that as I have many adults who fail to listen to the gospel of DerNetworkAdministrator. Anti-virus needs to be updated religiuously. Don't click on any links from any suspect web sites or emails. If you don't know the source of an email delete it straight away. ICQ is a really good way to get your computer hacked too. Hope this helps. Forget the power thing and consult your Dad about installing any rogue programs from your friends or off of the internet.

Good Luck and may the force be with you,

DerDadMeister DerNetworkAdministrato

G

Greg R

Icq, I thought all the bugs were fixed, I am the Administrator.

(This too me sound like op is a troll)

G

If it is your computer despite who purchased it... a gift or otherwise it is your property. You can't just give something then take it back... plenty of case law for that one.

You can reset the BIOS pass words typically one of two ways. Some machines you can remove the round lithuim battery found on the mother board... give it about 15 minutes before re-inserting the battery... some motherboards may have a reset pin, you may have to move it to reset the BIOS password. One word of caution here.. you may loose modified settings.

N

N

A nice decicsion would beto acces his pc and remove his lithium batter and
changes his pass swear boy this is what i did when i was taking my
examinations and my uncle did this with me i did the same with him and he at
once told me the password !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Captain Black

Barry Wilson said:
If it is your computer despite who purchased it... a gift or otherwise it
is your property. You can't just give something then take it back... plenty
of case law for that one.
You can reset the BIOS pass words typically one of two ways. Some machines
you can remove the round lithuim battery found on the mother board... give
it about 15 minutes before re-inserting the battery... some motherboards may
have a reset pin, you may have to move it to reset the BIOS password. One
word of caution here.. you may loose modified settings.hungry. He has two computers of his own and I don't see why he has to go and
take over mine. He even put a BIOS pass on my comp that everyone in my
family knows except me. I'm still not old enough to move out and I can't
take much more of this (This is the second time he's done this). I'm just
ready to go through the roof with this one.

Ask a Question