My.Computer.Printers - Not showing...

S

Sergio Terenas

I've read several articles re a new great feature in Visual Studio 2005 called "My.Computer.Printers".

In particular I've Visual Studio 2005 Professional and in Visual Basic I simply can't find the Printers part of My.Computer.

My.Computer shows Auido, Clipboard, Clock, FileSystem, Keyboard, Mouse, etc, Networks, Ports, etc, etc but no "Printers".

Am I missing something ? Did MS drop this feature ? Do I need a different version of Visual Studio ?

Thanks,

ST

G

Greg Burns

I've been wondering the same thing! That is the first thing I looked for when I got Beta 2. I still haven't found it even with the RTM. :(

Was this pulled awhile back? I thought this was suppose to allow us to print like we did back in VB 6's with the old Printer object.

What articles do you remember seeing this in? I cannot find them anymore.

Greg

I've read several articles re a new great feature in Visual Studio 2005 called "My.Computer.Printers".

In particular I've Visual Studio 2005 Professional and in Visual Basic I simply can't find the Printers part of My.Computer.

My.Computer shows Auido, Clipboard, Clock, FileSystem, Keyboard, Mouse, etc, Networks, Ports, etc, etc but no "Printers".

Am I missing something ? Did MS drop this feature ? Do I need a different version of Visual Studio ?

Thanks,

ST

S

Sergio Terenas

Greg,

There are a bunch of them... Go to www.google.com
Search for "my.computer.printers" (include the inverted commas)

Thanks,

ST
I've been wondering the same thing! That is the first thing I looked for when I got Beta 2. I still haven't found it even with the RTM. :(

Was this pulled awhile back? I thought this was suppose to allow us to print like we did back in VB 6's with the old Printer object.

What articles do you remember seeing this in? I cannot find them anymore.

Greg

Thanks,

ST

J

james

I read a post on MSDN about the My.Computer.Printers having a problem and was removed.
But, it may come back either in an update or the next version of VB. ( Orcas)
Here's a link to the post: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=5146&SiteID=1
Too bad if they wait until the next version of VB, I would like to see some better printer support too.
james

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/04/05/VisualBasic2005/

I think this is definately one I've seen before. Wonder what happened?

Sergio, please don't post using html. It is frowned upon round these parts.

Greg

Greg,

There are a bunch of them... Go to www.google.com
Search for "my.computer.printers" (include the inverted commas)

Thanks,

ST

H

Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]

Sergio Terenas said:
I've read several articles re a new great feature in Visual Studio 2005
called >"My.Computer.Printers".
[...]
Did MS drop this feature ?

Yes.

Ask a Question