Multiples of Same Email Addresses for a Contact

ADKR

Somehow I have ended up with 2 - 4 of the same email address for every
contact. When I enter a name in the To: line I get a box asking me to choose
which of the email addresses I want to use. But, they are all the same. I
have tried to locate the file with multiple entries, but when I open Contacts
there is only on email listed. Where can I find the multiple entries and
delete them? Thanks.

Gary VanderMolen

That special list of contacts is known as the auto-complete feature.
Windows Mail does not auto-complete from your regular contacts.
It uses a separate list of the last 29 recipients you've sent mail to.

You can delete the entire auto-complete list as follows:
http://www.winhelponline.com/articl...il-auto-complete-entries-in-Windows-Mail.html

Or try this other utility to selectively remove some unwanted addresses:
http://www.winhelponline.com/articl...tly-used-email-addresses-in-Windows-Mail.html

The newer replacement mail program, Windows Live Mail, uses the
standard contacts list for auto-completion.
You are encouraged to upgrade to the newer WLM program:
http://download.live.com/wlmail
It will automatically import all your Windows Mail data.
Or upgrade to the latest Windows Live Mail beta:
http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials-beta

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"ADKR" wrote in message
Somehow I have ended up with 2 - 4 of the same email address for every
contact. When I enter a name in the To: line I get a box asking me to choose
which of the email addresses I want to use. But, they are all the same. I
have tried to locate the file with multiple entries, but when I open Contacts
there is only on email listed. Where can I find the multiple entries and
delete them? Thanks.

Gary VanderMolen

You're very welcome. Glad to hear I was of some help.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)