Multiple Style Sheets

Bob L

I"m redoing my website (new pages, theme, subweb, etc) and finding that FP
2000 is generating multiple copies of one of the stylesheets. The
stylesheet name is 21051111.css and copies are located in the root
directory, the _borders subdirectory, and in a subdirectory of the _themes
subdirectory. The files in the root and _borders subdirectory have the
same time/date.

Is this normal or is there a problem?

Stefan B Rusynko

No it is not, (unless you copied it there or apply the theme style to a page not using themes )
Theme related CSS are only required in the _theme folder (the actual theme name folder under it)

--

| I"m redoing my website (new pages, theme, subweb, etc) and finding that FP
| 2000 is generating multiple copies of one of the stylesheets. The
| stylesheet name is 21051111.css and copies are located in the root
| directory, the _borders subdirectory, and in a subdirectory of the _themes
| subdirectory. The files in the root and _borders subdirectory have the
| same time/date.
|
| Is this normal or is there a problem?

Jacky Gu [MSFT]

Hello Bob,

If you create a new site with a css file, will this css file be copied in
the other folders in this site?

Jacky Gu

Microsoft Online Partner Support

Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada.

This and other support options are available here:
BCPS:
https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469
Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/

Support page:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/international.aspx.

| From: "Bob L" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Multiple Style Sheets
| Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 10:50:14 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
|
| What should I do? FP2000 seems to be updating these files on a regular
| basis.
|
| | > No it is not, (unless you copied it there or apply the theme style to a
| > page not using themes )
| > Theme related CSS are only required in the _theme folder (the actual
theme
| > name folder under it)
| >
| > --
| >
| > _____________________________________________
| > SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| > "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| > To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| > _____________________________________________

| > FP
| > | 2000 is generating multiple copies of one of the stylesheets. The
| > | stylesheet name is 21051111.css and copies are located in the root
| > | directory, the _borders subdirectory, and in a subdirectory of the
| > _themes
| > | subdirectory. The files in the root and _borders subdirectory have
the
| > | same time/date.
| > |
| > | Is this normal or is there a problem?
| > |
| > |
| > |

Bob L

Jacky:

I updated my current website (www.project2105.org) with FP 2000 by updating
and adding pages as well as developing a new theme. FP seems to be creating
3 different copies of one particular css file (21051111.css) in three
different places. When I finally published the changes, all three versions
of 21051111.css were copied to the server.

I have no idea when or why FP started saving three versions of the file.
I'm only concerned that the three files will cause some sort of problem with
the website.

Bob

Jacky Gu said:
Hello Bob,

If you create a new site with a css file, will this css file be copied in
the other folders in this site?

Jacky Gu

Microsoft Online Partner Support

Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada.

This and other support options are available here:
BCPS:
https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469
Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/

Support page:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/international.aspx.

rights.
--------------------
| From: "Bob L" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Multiple Style Sheets
| Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 10:50:14 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
|
| What should I do? FP2000 seems to be updating these files on a regular
| basis.
|
| | > No it is not, (unless you copied it there or apply the theme style to
| > page not using themes )
| > Theme related CSS are only required in the _theme folder (the actual
theme
| > name folder under it)
| >
| > --
| >
| > _____________________________________________
| > SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| > "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| > To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| > _____________________________________________

| > FP
| > | 2000 is generating multiple copies of one of the stylesheets. The
| > | stylesheet name is 21051111.css and copies are located in the root
| > | directory, the _borders subdirectory, and in a subdirectory of the
| > _themes
| > | subdirectory. The files in the root and _borders subdirectory have
the
| > | same time/date.
| > |
| > | Is this normal or is there a problem?
| > |
| > |
| > |

Stefan B Rusynko

The only CSS link you need is the one pointing to
_themes/2105-clear-day/21051111.css

In your home page you have links to the 2 extra sheets, delete them
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="21051111.css">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="_borders/21051111.css">
Also check all other pages for those links and delete them

In you shared border pages (top & bottom) you have links to the 2 extra sheets, delete them
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../21051111.css">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="21051111.css">

Looks like at some point you used Format Style Sheet links and added your theme style to all pages
--

| Jacky:
|
| I updated my current website (www.project2105.org) with FP 2000 by updating
| and adding pages as well as developing a new theme. FP seems to be creating
| 3 different copies of one particular css file (21051111.css) in three
| different places. When I finally published the changes, all three versions
| of 21051111.css were copied to the server.
|
| I have no idea when or why FP started saving three versions of the file.
| I'm only concerned that the three files will cause some sort of problem with
| the website.
|
| Bob
|

| | > Hello Bob,
| >
| > If you create a new site with a css file, will this css file be copied in
| > the other folders in this site?
| >
| > Jacky Gu
| >
| > Microsoft Online Partner Support
| >
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| >
| > =====================================================
| >
| > Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
| > support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
| > situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
| > Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada.
| >
| > This and other support options are available here:
| > BCPS:
| > https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469
| > Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/
| >
| > If you are outside the United States, please visit our International
| > Support page:
| > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/international.aspx.
| >
| > =====================================================

| > rights.