Multiple Pictures and Text

Reaction score
I have had a devastating fire in my house and now need to list pictures of many hundreds of items with brief description of each alongside each picture with potential value for insurance claim. I have the extensive picture files and wanted to say get them in a column on the left side of a page and then later describe them on the right. How might I import the pictures to say get around 8 to ten in a column on a page without having to do it one by one?

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
The only way I've seen this done is to create a Table in Word and then merge cells in the left hand column to fit the size of your pics (which will need to be quite small ). If you make 8 or 10 pic sized rectangles in the left hand column and then put the cursor in the first one and then click Insert>From File>Pictures and then select 8 or 10 pictures using Control when you hit Enter you might get your 8 or 10 pics down the left, in the rectangles.

To add type to the right hand side you will then need to merge all the remaining cells on the right of the picture and will be able to put your description in there.

Getting the pictures the right size is the biggest problem but it can be done. Best of luck. :)

Ask a Question