Multiple lines and multiple line graphs

G

In one powerpoint presentation, I have three slides with line graphs. Each of these graphs detail monthly data points for 20 different locations. For some reason, the color scheme is different for each of these graphs. I would like the color scheme to be the same - e.g., California is always a pink line. How do I do this? If I click on the graph, then select options under"Tools", I see the chart line colors. However, they don't always match up to what's actually in the graph. Often if I change a color and press ok, the change doesn't take effect. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

G

Try reapplying the color scheme to the slide. You'll probably have to go into the standard schemes and choose the correct one.

Then, assuming you've chosen the same swatch for the lines on each graph, the colors should be the same.

If not, try opening a graph and going to Tools/Options. On the color chart, click the Reset button.

This one's hard to give you details on without having extremely specific information about what color swatches are chosen on each graph for each line and what color those swatches are showing.

U

Ute Simon

elle1 said:
In one powerpoint presentation, I have three slides with line graphs. Each
of these graphs detail monthly data points for 20 different locations. For
some reason, the color scheme is different for each of these graphs. I would
like the color scheme to be the same - e.g., California is always a pink
line. How do I do this? If I click on the graph, then select options
under"Tools", I see the chart line colors. However, they don't always match
up to what's actually in the graph. Often if I change a color and press ok,
the change doesn't take effect.

Are your states always in the same order in the data table? E.g. if you have