Multiple Display Adapters - Cannot get 2nd to work..

I've got an ATI X800 PCI-E card as my main adapter, but I've got a Radeon
9250 and Geforce FX5200, both PCI. With Beta 2 I tried both cards and niether
worked, the driver for the 2nd card wouldn't load.

At the moment I've got the 5200 plugged in and its not working, but I read
that Vista only allows one WDDM to be installed, so multiple cards would need
to be from the same manufacturer.

Has anyone else got Vista to work with multiple graphics cards?

I'm up to RC1 now and haven't tried the ATI card yet, just wondering if
anyone else had got any experience with this issue.

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
Here is the link with information about this situation:
MultiMonitor Support and Windows Vista
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/display/multimonVista.mspx

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

|>From: =?Utf-8?B?S2VudGVjaA==?= <[email protected]>
|>Subject: RE: Multiple Display Adapters - Cannot get 2nd to work..
|>Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 08:32:02 -0800
|>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
|>
|>I have the same issue, The Cards I am using are the ATI x600 PICe and an
ATI
|>FireMV PCI, it appears that the both cards work independantly (with the
|>correct driver installed), but when you try and enable both cards
together
|>you get the very helpful "Windows has stopped this device because it has
|>reported problems. (Code 43)" with no additional information, It does not
|>matter which card is first, (i.e disabling one then the other) Is there a
way
|>to get this to work? I hate the thought of going backwards, even thought
in
|>this case going backwards is definitly going forward!
|>
|>"Steve Childs" wrote:
|>
|>> I've since found out what it was. Vista only allows one Vista Mode
Device
|>> driver to load at once, so the driver needs to support both cards.
Needless