Multifunction Printer

A

Ariannsgma

HI all,
I am in the market for a multifunction printer/scanner/copier. I have
an HP PSC 1310xi and am not thrilled with the printing performance.
There are many reviews on all of the brands, both with positive and
negative views. If anyone has one that they really like, I would be
interested in what type you are using.
Thanks,
Ariannsgma

M

measekite

A MFP has some disadvantages.  If one of the function goes bad you lost all of the functions.  Sometimes in some of the brands the print engine may not be as advanced as the standalone.  Another disadvantage is you may not get the best of all breeds.

Canon makes the best printer and Epson the best scanner.

You should only consider this type of device if space is at an absolute premium or if you must have an ADF (Automatic Document Feeder) since they are more expensive when purchased separately.

That said I would look at any of the Canons.  They are clearly the best and produce the best photos.  If printing photos is not important then look at one of the HP lasers.

Ariannsgma wrote:

HI all, I am in the market for a multifunction printer/scanner/copier. I have an HP PSC 1310xi and am not thrilled with the printing performance. There are many reviews on all of the brands, both with positive and negative views. If anyone has one that they really like, I would be interested in what type you are using. Thanks, Ariannsgma

A

Ariannsgma

A MFP has some disadvantages.  If one of the function goes bad you lost all of the functions.  Sometimes in some of the brands the print engine may not be as advanced as the standalone.  Another disadvantage is you may not get the best of all breeds.
Canon makes the best printer and Epson the best scanner.
You should only consider this type of device if space is at an absolute premium or if you must have an ADF (Automatic Document Feeder) since they are more expensive when purchased separately.
That said I would look at any of the Canons.  They are clearly the best and produce the best photos.  If printing photos is not important then look at one of the HP lasers.
Ariannsgma wrote:HI all, I am in the market for a multifunction printer/scanner/copier. I have an HP PSC 1310xi and am not thrilled with the printing performance. There are many reviews on all of the brands, both with positiveand negative views. If anyone has one that they really like, I would be interested in what type you are using. Thanks, Ariannsgma

Measekite,
Thank you for the information and advice. I will reconsider purchasing
another multiprinter and go look at a Canon.
Thanks again,
Ariannsgma

Ask a Question