multi netbios (TCP 139 )sessions from same client to same server

Reaction score
Hello,

I have win2k, win2k3 and winXP clients whom I want to connect to a win2k/linux servers (same problem on both kinds)

When I copy a file from a client to a server , a netbios (tcp port 139) session open up. When I copy a second file from the same client to the same server using the same DNS name or IP address, the windows client uses the same netbios session for both copies.

My problem is, that I want the windows client to open a second indipendant netbios session for each copy.

Initially I found a sort of bypass solution - If I give my server a second IP address or a second DNS name, and use a different address or name in each copy from the client, 2 seperate netbios sessions will indeed open, however unfortunately this is not good enough for me - I want to use only one name or address in each copy, and still "force" the windows client to open a different netbios session with the server each time.

Is there any way to do that?

Many thanks,

Roee

Ask a Question