mulitple selections on lookup drop down

G

I am using Access XP. I am trying to combine a church member ministry database. To do this, I've made individual tables for each ministry. Each table lists skills in that area of ministry (eg. Committee Ministry contains daycare, recreation etc. and People Ministry contains mentoring, outreach etc.). I've created a form to my Member table that includes a lookup to the other tables. Since many people have more than one skill in a given ministry, I need to design the form's drop down to accept multiple choices from within the one ministry. I would prefer to do this by using the control key. Any help is appreciated

Thanks

P

Peter R. Fletcher

You don't give a great deal of useful information about your database
structure, and I suspect that it needs a great deal of further
thought.

The usual way of doing what (I think) you are trying to do is to have
the "skills" saved in a subsidiary table with a many to one
relationship with the member table. They would be entered and edited
on a "continuous" subform (one for each ministry) in the main member
form.

J

John Vinson

I am using Access XP. I am trying to combine a church member ministry database. To do this, I've made individual tables for each ministry. Each table lists skills in that area of ministry (eg. Committee Ministry contains daycare, recreation etc. and People Ministry contains mentoring, outreach etc.). I've created a form to my Member table that includes a lookup to the other tables. Since many people have more than one skill in a given ministry, I need to design the form's drop down to accept multiple choices from within the one ministry. I would prefer to do this by using the control key. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

One table per ministry is not an ideal design. You might want to
consider a different structure, with three tables:

People
PersonID
LastName
FirstName
<other bio info>

Ministries
MinistryID
Ministry <e.g. daycare, shutin visitation, mentoring, ...>

Callings