Mucks' new "twitchers" toy ...

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Someone on one of the birdie forums I frequent mentioned that Aldi's had a sale on this Sunday ... in particular, a nice looking Digiscope, and, for only £25. Some boohooed it because of only havin a x60 apature, x80 is recomended for birders ... but 3 people had actually bought it last year, they said it was a good starter scope, and for 25 squids, you couldn't go too far wrong.

Well, I was up with the larks this morning and queued outside the Aldi store ...

AND I'M BLOODY CHUFFED

I GOT ONE !!

laughingsmiley.gif

It's a Supra Traveler 20-60x60 ... a German company, that I cannot find on the 'tinernet, but I ain't too bothered as I have the 3 year warantee in me hand.

I'm off out to RSPB Marshside Southport soon ... just can't wait to try it out. :D

happywave.gif

Reaction score
Aldi do some good bargains.:thumb:

Oh & glad your happy with you new twitchers toy.;)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Well done Mucks, glad you managed to get one, they seemed to be selling quite quickly in our local store, but there were a few still left when we went at lunchtime. We bought two of their "feeding stations" to go with the two we already have. Good quality metal too :thumb:

Hope you are having a good time in Marshside and enjoying your new scope :D Looking forward to more pics ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Nice bargain you got there Mucks - especially with a 3yr warranty!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I'm back ... with a bloody big grin on me face. :D

I'm as pleased as punch. :nod:

The 20x is a big leap up from my 8x40 binoculars, although only using one eye took a little getting right ... I wear glasses, as such, they got in the way, the little rubber eyepiece didn't stay rolled down, not sure actually if was supposed to. Anyway, I soon got the hang of it.

Got to see the birdies really close-up.

Now for some bad bits ... ;)

The tripod is a waste of time, well it was at Marshside, 'cos the 'elbow-rest-ledge' was too narrow, the thing nearly slid off on to the floor. :rolleyes: Gonna need a full tripod and I think one of them ledge clamps. :thumb:

The only other real failing is, the x60 aperture at full 60x zoom, I agree with the birdie forum peeps, need an x80 ... though I got good results at 40x zoom & 20x was cracking.

Out again tomorrow, Martin Mere, gonna be a bigger test.

Overall, for £25 I'm very pleased.

TC, glad you got what you wanted ... there were only 8 people in the queue when I got to Aldi's, and 7 of us headed straight for the sales stuff. :D

:user:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Bugger, had 1 of those in my hand today..Aldi 30 foot from me ....
had loads left :wave: