Windows XP msvcp71.dll

Reaction score
Gidday, I wonder if someone could help with this problem. Recently I was unlucky enough to catch a dose of spywarequake, in the event of removing it, I was advised to delete msvcp71.dll as part of the cure, the final outcome is that some of my programs won't run, ie, adobe, etc. To try and sort the problem, I downloaded msvcp71.dll fron the net and placed it in system32 but it turned out to not be compatible. I then searched my computer, finding a couple of versions of the same, I copied and pasted each separately into system32, where the original had been and still no luck. Unfortunately I deleted the original from the recycle bin without realising the issue it would create. I am running windows xp on a Dell Inspiron 500m. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Cheers
jediknight5

Reaction score
msvcp71.dll is 488kb. If you are using photoshop CS2. It should be placed in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2 for PS to run. You should have 50 . 60 . 70 & 71 of msvcp.dll in your system32 folder.
50= 552kb
60= 404kb
70= 476kb
71= 488kb

Reaction score
system32

Hiya anyone!

Before you flame me or say anything really hurtful, please let me explain that this is my first visit here - and I am particularly thick!

I am deleting unnecessary files from my pc as my computer ground to a virtual standstill recently. I found a series of .png files that are associated with system32.

Being stupid, I don't know what system32 is - or if it can safely be got rid of.

Any non-hurtful replies welcome!

Thankyou

Ask a Question