msstyles and GPO

perica

W2k server SP4
AD/GPO
clients: Win XP with updated GPO¸

User Configuration > Display > Desktop Themes :

"Load specif. style or force Windows classic"

i want to have Windows classic option so i need to enable this setting(with
blank path to Visual Style)

but is after GPO is refreshed and reapplied it seems that is applied some
"kind" of default Luna/XP theme not Windows classic VERY awful !

* All settings are on Enabled except Prohibit selection of font size are
set to Disabled

kind regards

--
*tomislav domagoj perica*
*the national democratic institute for international affairs (NDI)

Steven Liu [MSFT]

Hi Perica,

Windows XP Professional supports a superset of the Group Policy features
supported by Windows 2000. The new features are implemented through updated
client-side extensions, .adm files, and an updated Group Policy snap-in.

The option you said, you should upgrade the GPO. Let's perform the steps in
the following article to do this first.

307900 Upgrading Windows 2000 Group Policy for Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=307900

If this does not work, we can try to apply the following registry file to
the client.

=======================================

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
]
"SetVisualStyle"=""

This also should solve the issue.

Thanks for using Microsoft News Group!

Sincerely,

Steven Liu

Microsoft Online Partner Support

MCSE 2000

This posting is provided ¡°as is¡± with no warranties and confers no rights.