MSN Messenger and Office Outlook 2007

Lenny

Is there a way to force MSN Messenger to load Office Outlook 2007
instead of Windows Live Mail when an email notification is clicked on
above Messenger?

Lenny

Is Office Outlook set as the default Mail application?

Yes, in Outlook Office itself by navigating to Tools/Options/Other,
and by right-clicking on the taskbar when Office Outlook is closed,
Properties/Start Menu/Customise Start Menu.

Michael H. Lewis

This is most likely controlled through setting in Messenger then Live
Messenger and Live Mail are pretty closely tied together and that may just
be the default behavior. Try checking Messenger Options.

Lenny

This is most likely controlled through setting in Messenger then Live
Messenger and Live Mail are pretty closely tied together and that may just
be the default behavior. Try checking Messenger Options.

I've been through Messenger options a dozen times and can't find
anything that might force it to launch Office instead of WLM. I've
googled, using all sorts of different search strings relating to this
problem, and this news group is my last effort to find a fix for it
in case it was an easy one.

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

Yes, in Outlook Office itself by navigating to Tools/Options/Other,
and by right-clicking on the taskbar when Office Outlook is closed,
Properties/Start Menu/Customise Start Menu.

Look also in Internet Explorer's Tools>Internet Options>Programs.

Lenny

Look also in Internet Explorer's Tools>Internet Options>Programs.

HTML Editor: Microsoft Office Word
E-mail: Microsoft Office Outlook
Newsgroups: Forte agent
Internet Call: NetMeeting
Calendar: Microsoft Office Outlook
Contact List: Microsoft Office Outlook

I'm running Windows XP, by the way.

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

I've been through Messenger options a dozen times and can't find
anything that might force it to launch Office instead of WLM. I've
googled, using all sorts of different search strings relating to this
problem, and this news group is my last effort to find a fix for it
in case it was an easy one.

I think you're out of luck.

Diane Poremsky [MVP]