MSN Hotmail & Windows Mail

Peter

What was Microsoft's logic behind the decision not to support one of their
own products in Windows Mail?

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada

sim.seb

Peter said:
What was Microsoft's logic behind the decision not to support one of their
own products in Windows Mail?

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
P4 D865GBF HT @ 3.0ghz 2.0gb DDR 450gb HD
ATI Radeon 9550 Graphics
Creative Soundblaster Audigy 4 Audio

Money I guess.

StephenB

Peter said:
What was Microsoft's logic behind the decision not to support one of their
own products in Windows Mail?
I suspect that there was no logic. It is likely a bug at this point in the
development cycle. However, it is possible that there is logic involved that the
OE/Mail MVPs can reveal.
You can sign up for Windows Live Mail Desktop that has support for Hotmail/MSN
Mail at http://ideas.live.com

-steve

Peter

Thanks.

--

StephenB said:
I suspect that there was no logic. It is likely a bug at this point in the
development cycle. However, it is possible that there is logic involved
that the
OE/Mail MVPs can reveal.
You can sign up for Windows Live Mail Desktop that has support for
Hotmail/MSN
Mail at http://ideas.live.com

-steve

I think WLMD only supports MS Live Mail accounts (and on top of that only
Live Mail accounts signed up for the WLMD beta)

Peter

Ah well, back to the drawing board...I can always go to hotmail's site.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
P4 D865GBF HT @ 3.0ghz 2.0gb DDR 450gb HD
ATI Radeon 9550 Graphics
Creative Soundblaster Audigy 4 Audio

MICHAEL

StephenB said:
I suspect that there was no logic. It is likely a bug at this point in the
development cycle. However, it is possible that there is logic involved that the
OE/Mail MVPs can reveal.
You can sign up for Windows Live Mail Desktop that has support for Hotmail/MSN
Mail at http://ideas.live.com

A bug? I was under the impression there would be no more
OE or Windows Mail hotmail access.

-Michael

mikeyhsd

you can use HotPop to retrieve hotmail in WM.

(e-mail address removed)

"Peter" <ex-brit AT rogers DOT com> wrote in message Ah well, back to the drawing board...I can always go to hotmail's site.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
P4 D865GBF HT @ 3.0ghz 2.0gb DDR 450gb HD
ATI Radeon 9550 Graphics
Creative Soundblaster Audigy 4 Audio

Peter

It failed because I'd merely imported the account .iaf from Outlook express
in XP. This time I set it up manually as I have a workaround because all my
mail is filtered by Spamcop so I can pop it via their servers, this time it
works.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada

StephenB

sim.seb said:
I think WLMD only supports MS Live Mail accounts (and on top of that only
Live Mail accounts signed up for the WLMD beta)
No, MSN and Hotmail accounts not converted to Live accounts are supported in
WLMD Beta, albeit with all the bugs of WLMD Beta.
-steve

StephenB

MICHAEL said:
A bug? I was under the impression there would be no more
OE or Windows Mail hotmail access.

-Michael
For paid accounts, yes, OE access will continue and hopefully Windows Mail, too.
WLMD Beta also provides access.
-steve

sim.seb

No, MSN and Hotmail accounts not converted to Live accounts are supported
in
WLMD Beta, albeit with all the bugs of WLMD Beta.
-steve

And they don't have to be Premium?

Peter

Plus grandfathered free accounts.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
P4 D865GBF HT @ 3.0ghz 2.0gb DDR 450gb HD
ATI Radeon 9550 Graphics
Creative Soundblaster Audigy 4 Audio

John Glossop

Hi,
I've just loaded Vista and office 2007, and setting up Hotmail in the Office
outlook program is a snap, so they obviously aren't cutting off all ways of
getting to Hotmail.

John

Randy Cragin

I guess the next question is, will they change address from @hotmail.com to
@live.com?

Randy Cragin said:
I guess the next question is, will they change address from @hotmail.com to
@live.com?

As far as I know, there are no plans to do this. I believe you'll have the
option to get a new @live address and migrate your Hotmail account, but you
won't have to.
-steve

Hi John,

Are you downloading messages easily? I have not been able to download
messages, though creating the account was certainly a snap.

TIA,

Shaun