MSACCESS.EXE process remains running after Access application is stopped.

G

When I stop MS Access 2002 I sometimes find that the process MSACCESS.EXE in the task manager remains running. When I next want to start Access it will show some opening prompts depending on what DB I open, but then no Access window opens, nor is Access listed in Applications in the task manager, while it is listed under running processes. The only way to recover is to end the task for all (there may be a few) MSACCESS.EXE processes in the task manager

A friend has seen this as well, so it’s not just me. Anyone else seen this and found a way to avoid it

T

Tony Toews

Morten said:
When I stop MS Access 2002 I sometimes find that the process MSACCESS.EXE in the task manager remains running. When I next want to start Access it will show some opening prompts depending on what DB I open, but then no Access window opens, nor is Access listed in Applications in the task manager, while it is listed under running processes. The only way to recover is to end the task for all (there may be a few) MSACCESS.EXE processes in the task manager.

A friend has seen this as well, so it’s not just me. Anyone else seen this and found a way to avoid it?

Access minimizes to Windows 95/NT toolbar instead of closing
http://www.mvps.org/access/bugs/bugs0005.htm

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can
read the entire thread of messages.
Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at
http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm

G

Thanks. Although I am using Windows and Office XP the reasons listed may be the cause. I have gone through one of my databases and closed of a few DAO references. I’ll test for a few days and report back if this helped.

Ask a Question