MS Word "identity?"


G

Guest

I'm collaborating to write a document and my supervisor has asked me to do
this:

"...see if you can change your Microsoft Word identity from MS Office to
your name/initials. As multiple people look at the document, it’ll be good
to know exactly whose comment it is we’re reviewing."

I have tried searching the help docs for a function like this, but haven't
had any luck. Can anyone help me figure out how to do this?

Thanks very much in advance!
 
Ad

Advertisements

W

Wesley Vogel

Open Word | Tools | Options | User Information tab |
Name: and Initials:

Name:
[[Type the name you want Word to use in the Properties sheet (File menu), in
letters and envelopes, to track changes, and to mark any comments you insert
in a document.]]

Initials:
[[Type the initials you want Word to use for comment marks and for several
built-in letter and memo elements.]]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In
 
G

Guest

Thanks very much Wesley. That was exactly the help I needed and I appreciate
your time!

Wesley Vogel said:
Open Word | Tools | Options | User Information tab |
Name: and Initials:

Name:
[[Type the name you want Word to use in the Properties sheet (File menu), in
letters and envelopes, to track changes, and to mark any comments you insert
in a document.]]

Initials:
[[Type the initials you want Word to use for comment marks and for several
built-in letter and memo elements.]]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In
Hillary said:
I'm collaborating to write a document and my supervisor has asked me to do
this:

"...see if you can change your Microsoft Word identity from MS Office to
your name/initials. As multiple people look at the document, it’ll be
good to know exactly whose comment it is we’re reviewing."

I have tried searching the help docs for a function like this, but haven't
had any luck. Can anyone help me figure out how to do this?

Thanks very much in advance!
 
Ad

Advertisements

W

Wesley Vogel

Hillary,

Glad I got the right thing. Keep having fun. :)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In
Hillary said:
Thanks very much Wesley. That was exactly the help I needed and I
appreciate your time!

Wesley Vogel said:
Open Word | Tools | Options | User Information tab |
Name: and Initials:

Name:
[[Type the name you want Word to use in the Properties sheet (File
menu), in letters and envelopes, to track changes, and to mark any
comments you insert in a document.]]

Initials:
[[Type the initials you want Word to use for comment marks and for
several built-in letter and memo elements.]]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In
Hillary said:
I'm collaborating to write a document and my supervisor has asked me to
do this:

"...see if you can change your Microsoft Word identity from MS Office to
your name/initials. As multiple people look at the document,
it’ll be good to know exactly whose comment it is we’re
reviewing."

I have tried searching the help docs for a function like this, but
haven't had any luck. Can anyone help me figure out how to do this?

Thanks very much in advance!
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top