MS Word as email editor

Jim

I recently changed laptop computers and reinstalled
Office XP Pro. Outlook does not recognize Word as email
editor. This problem did not exist previously. I have
reinstalled Office XP twice, both as a repair and a total
reinstall.

Error reads - "This form requires Word as your e-mail
editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The
form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead."

No option except OK, which then de-selects the setting in
Tools > Options > Mail Format > Use Microsoft Word to
edit e-mail messages check box.

Any thoughts?

Ian Baird

Hi Jim

Do you have Nortons Antivirus installed? If so try unregistering the
OfficeAV.dll

regsvr32 /u "c:\program files\norton antivirus\officeav.dll"

Other things to try if this isn't the case are:

=> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319796

=> Create a new outlook profile

=> Also you could try the following

Click Start | Run, and type "SFC /SCANNOW", which restores original WinXP
Operating System Files. (Note you will need your MEDIA for this)

| From: "Jim" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Jim" <[email protected]>
| Subject: MS Word as email editor
| Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 22:03:19 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook
|
| I recently changed laptop computers and reinstalled
| Office XP Pro. Outlook does not recognize Word as email
| editor. This problem did not exist previously. I have
| reinstalled Office XP twice, both as a repair and a total
| reinstall.
|
| Error reads - "This form requires Word as your e-mail
| editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The
| form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead."
|
| No option except OK, which then de-selects the setting in
| Tools > Options > Mail Format > Use Microsoft Word to
| edit e-mail messages check box.
|
| Any thoughts?

Hope this helps.

Ian Baird
Microsoft PSS

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties and confers no rights.

Jim

Ian, thanks very much for the response. I do have Norton
antivirus installed. Can you please explain how
to "unregister" per your instructions. Also, what effect
will that have on Norton's performance, if any?

Thanks, Jim